Search

April in Key West

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
April in Key West

Hi Everyone!
Wanted some info on Key West in April. We are going during the Easter break and wanted some info on weather, crowds, etc. Is this college spring break? Or just grade schools? We are hoping to do some fishing: deep sea for half day and maybe pier fishing or something when we can. Any suggestions on locations or charters would be appreciated. Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:50 AM

There have been a gazillion posts on these subjects.

Please do a search.

Have fun in the Keys. It's a great area.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:14 AM

Yes, it will be crowded. Wait till the last week of April or the first week of May.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:23 AM

Key West can get kind of crazy. It can be full of college kids, so if you want to avoid this, go at a different time. There is an "Old world" section to Key West. I've been told that taking the Conch train is a good idea.
One more thing, whatever you do, don't miss the Key West sunset, absolutely spectacular!
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:42 AM

We went to Key West this past May, so I really can't say first hand about crowds in April. But it has been reported on this board that it can be. As one poster has noted already, there is a ton of info on this board about Key West, a search will give you a lot of help with your trip, just like it did for me.

We used Almost There Charters when we went in May. They have a website. Just go to google and type in the name and it will come up. We found them to be great. They even came to the hotel to pick us up and then brought us back after the 1/2day. They had an engine problem with the boat we were schedule to go out in, so they upgraded us to a larger boat and gave us an additional hour plus of fishing to make up for the slight delay. If you use them, ask for John, he was excellent.

Have fun.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:06 AM

I was in Key West during the first week of April this year. While on the crowded side it was not a major problem.