Reload this Page >

Anything similiar to Ocean Key Resort?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 02:13 PM
wintertraveler

The Ocean Key Resort looks wonderful to me on their web site. I love the bright colors and "feel" of the rooms, but it may be out of budget for my planned full week vacation.

Any Key West pro's know of a place with a similar cheery feel but a more affordable budget? (Maybe around $200 night)?

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:54 PM
Celeste

Go to Priceline and see if you can get a 4 star hotel - I bet you can, and for less than $200.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:35 AM
George

Check on rentals in Truman Annex. Very nice properties and the location is superb. The most expensive ones are through the real estate office representing the Annex, but there are others: Craig and Cindy's, to name one.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:38 AM
susan

I second the idea of looking for a rental in Truman Annex. I agree that the rooms at the Ocean Key House are really nice, and we've enjoyed the Hyatt, too, but it's also pricey. Since you're staying a week you might be able to find something in Truman Annex.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:46 AM
wintertraveler

Truman Annex looks confusing to me. I'm not sure how big the complex is and I wonder how many people you are sharing a pool with. Also, we aren't looking for a "family" scene but more of an upscale adults mainly (or only) kind of place.

Any other ideas? I've looked at Jasmine House, Marquesa, Four Seasons and of course the one I asked about Ocean Key. I don't want pastel pink/blue rooms. A private deck, small complex, kitchenette and walking distance (up to a 1/2 mile or so is walking distance to us) to main shopping/restaurant attrractions are what we'd like.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:10 AM
George

Don't listen to us. Go with Ocean Key House.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:47 AM
wintertraveler

Any specific place in Truman's Annex aside from Cindy and Craigs? I looked at The Shipyard a bit. Anyone know how family oriented this is? (I'm not looking for family oriented)

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:01 AM
susan

Truman Annex is huge. Part of it is gated with no through traffic. There are both private homes and condos there. It's basically a very pretty, well-kept neighborhood. Since units are individually owned, the decor is dependent on the owner's taste. Try looking on google.com for vacation rentals in Key West. Or vacation rentals in Truman Annex. I know there must be lots of places that would fit your requirements, but the only places I've stayed are the Hyatt, the Ocean Key House and the Galleon, and they're all expensive. One other thought...try looking at the Banyan Resort. It's across the street from the Truman Annex, and looks really nice from the outside.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:58 AM
JoAnn

Have you checked out the Galleon Resort?

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:03 AM
grglnswsh

The Galleon is a great idea. Also look at The Colony Exclusive Guest Cottages. They do weekly rates. You can find both under keywest.com

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 10:02 AM
susan

The Galleon has gotten obscenely expensive. For high season, a one bedroom unit is about $2,000 a week.