Anyone whose been to Arizona Memorial post-Sept. 11

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone who has been to the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor recently please clarify what one is allowed to carry with them?

I've heard that purses and backpacks and the like are not permitted. I don't know what to do with my wallet and keys, etc. As a woman, I'm not used to stuffing my pockets like my husband does. Alot of my clothes don't even have pockets. LOL

I know they allow cameras but do I have to carry it loose or can I bring the case? I don't mean one of those big camera bags but the little pouch that you can clip to a belt for the camera and memory card.

Or should I just buy a pair of cargo pants?
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 12:14 PM

We were there in Feb2002 and I carried in my camcorder and bag, but according to this website as of Feb2003, no bags are permitted:http://www.nps.gov/usar/pphtml/newse...etail6517.html
Hope this helps.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 01:43 PM

I was there last summer, and no bags/pocketbooks were allowed. I left whatever I absolutely needed in the trunk, but placed the items there before leaving the hotel, so that no one would see us storing things there while we were away from our car. A pair of cargo slacks would work well, because of the fairly secure pockets. Or, if you have a lightweight jacket, or jeans with deep pockets, you can store a few necessities that way. We carried our camera, and left the case behind.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 06:47 PM

There is a bag check service in the parking lot now; I think they charged something like $3 per bag.

Definitely no backpacks allowed, I don't remember what the size cutoff was.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 01:27 PM

We're there last mth. No bags, fanny packs or even diaper bags are allowed. We just carried our cameras without the cases. There's a storage container in the car park. The fee for each item is $2.

Old Aug 14th, 2003, 01:36 PM

I was there in June and checked my purse for $2. I think it is worth it...they have people there to watch them all the time. Much like checking your coat...I did take my camera in with out my bag.