Reload this Page >

Anyone Stayed at Anchorage Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Julie

Looking for a place to stay for one night this June. Wondered if anyone had any experience staying at this hotel or had suggestions for an alternative. Also, do you know how far it is from the airport? Thanks for your help.

Old May 24th, 2001, 08:05 PM
Kay

Istayed at the Days Inn - about 3-4 blocks from downtown and the shuttle to the airport stops there. Days Inn has"older" side ==clean but just old, and "newer" side but still looks old. However the "newer "side was quite adequate. The people at the desk were very helpful. Prices were comparable to places of that style and age. Best Western near the train station was a lot higher--but did have in-door pool and wide selection of breakfast items in lobby.(cereal, bagels, fruit, juice, coffee & tea and choclate)
Good Luck

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Barbara

I loved the Regal Alaskan. It is very close to the airport and right on a little lake that float planes take off of and land on.

Old May 26th, 2001, 09:15 PM
Julie

Thanks, the Regal Alaskan looked good to me as well. Just wish I cold get the price down, but I guess they have a short window for tourism revenue in that part of the country.

Julie

Old May 27th, 2001, 09:07 AM
shelly

There is a relatively new (about 2 years) Holiday Inn Express just a little way down the road from the Regal Alaskan. It's close to the airport and may have more reasonable prices than the Regal.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 03:32 AM
Alan Cleveland

Airport properties:
West Coast International Airport Inn
Marriott
Millenium (Formerly Regal Alaskan)
Best Western Barratt Inn
Microtel
Holiday Inn Express
Longhouse
Executive Suites
Puffin Inn

All of these sit within a few blocks of eachother near Spenard Rd. and International Airport Rd. except the Microtel which is plenty close. Vast differences between the properties!