Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone interested in Henderson Village Bed & Breakfast Package?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won this trip and have no real use for it. If someone is interested, please contact me by email only. [email protected] The certificates are good through Feb. 2006. Henderson Village is located right off I-75 in the Middle/Southern part of Georgia. Here's what's included in the package.

Two nights stay
Bottle of wine
Breakfast in bed each day
horseback riding for two
$50 towards dinner @ Langston House (on site restraunt)

AAA Four Diamond Award
Southern Living's Favorite Romantic Getaways - read the article
http://www.southernliving.com/southe...014437,00.html
www.hendersonvillage.com

Henderson Village is a collection of 19th century homes and cottages situated on 18 bucolic acres, in the heart of Central Georgia and located at what was once a thriving stagecoach intersection and home to many wealthy planters in the rural South. The century old dwellings, with sprawling verandas and white columns, recall the beauty and romance of the Old South. With twenty-four elegant guest suites, fine Southern cuisine, lush Gamelands and picturesque gardens, your time with us at Henderson Village will be unforgettable.
Henderson Village is the only AAA Four Diamond in Middle Georgia, and a recipient of the Conde Nast Johansen's Award of Excellence and member of Select Registry and Distinguished Inns of North America Middle Georgia.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:21 PM

darin2, advertising is not permitted on this forum. This is your only post. What are the odds?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

leelane911

Thank you for your interest in my posting. I have been a member of this board for quite some time, even though I do not post here. I often read other people's postings. I read the forum FAQ before posting. The only reference to advertising memtioned is a section on promoting your business or organization on the forums. Since I am doing neither, simply posting about a certificate that I have, and asking interested persons to email me, I dont think there is a problem. I am in no way affiliated with the property mentioned and have only given a description and information.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:21 PM
cd

Whether you're affiliated with this B&B or not, you're still trying to sell something and that is not what this site is about.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:36 PM

This is your one and only post. If you have been a member for quite some time and read without posting, you have done Henderson Village a great disservice.

Your post reads like an advertisement and will turn Fodorites off.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:52 PM
bonniebroad

Well said, leelane, cd & starrsville! Unless darin2 is a very generous individual who is proposing to GIVE that certificate to one of us ...

Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:02 PM

Darin says he won the certificate, therefore I would think he's giving it away to someone who can enjoy it.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Well I appreciate all of you self appointed moderators taking such an interest. The bottom line is that the post doesn't violate the rules of the board as stated in the FAQ. If a "real" moderator wants to remove it, then they are welcome to do so. Other than that I appreciate all of your replies to my post, which keep bumping it up to the top of the list into view. I've already gotten half a dozen emails inquiring from other nice Fodorites
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:05 PM

So, why is this good news? If you aren't selling these packages, then why would you need more than 1 Fodorite's response to "give away" the package to?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:52 PM

let's just cut to the chase...
is it or is it not something you're selling? This will help us greatly.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:22 PM

Poor, poor lonely Darin! You have no family and no friends to give your "win" too. Instead, you ask us, in your own weird way, for companionship and attention. And what are you getting? Shame on us, people, being so caught up in our petty trip planning, we have not recognized a cry for help.

Darin, darlin', you can call me even for free: 1-800-g-e-t-l-o-s-t. I am here for you 24/7.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:23 PM

Well put syd, lol! Sure sounds like an advertisement to me.