Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone in NYC interested in telling their US Open (tennis) story on camera for USA Networks- this wed or friday?

Search

Anyone in NYC interested in telling their US Open (tennis) story on camera for USA Networks- this wed or friday?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 08:04 AM
jackie

Need some US Open stories for a piece I am doing for USA Networks.

Looking for people who have been going (5 years - 20++) or just started going to the US Open. I am going to use these people and their memories in a piece to begin this years coverage of the Open on USA Networks.

Shoot will be on Wednesday and Friday. Right now I need more stories from women but
will be happy to interview men as well.

(I know this it not a travel question, but I feel that the people on this site have always been so helpful, I thought I'd give it a shot)

thanks

[email protected]

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 11:30 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 11:43 AM
fred

I started going to the US Open in 86 and though I missed seeing a single game for 2 or 3 years in the 15 yrs, I have been consistent in getting myself a shirt each year. I wear them all the time I go the games. It's a hoot.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 07:17 PM
patty

Topping for you since we're on the same team! I'll be at the Open with USA and I hope you get some good responses leading to a memorable piece. It's a fabulous idea!

Did you see the fairly recent thread titled "US Open Memories"? Gretchen, AJ and Howard all contributed - come on guys, it'll be fun!

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 10:15 AM
jackie

Patty - - please email me if you are interested in being interviewed (Wed or Fri) - it won't take long and most likely we'll shoot in Central Park (not confirmed yet though - yes we do have a permit)

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 11:11 AM
irma

Any chance of getting tickets if I help you out?

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 07:08 AM
ttt

ttt