Steve

Anyone Have Info On The Westin-Savannah

Will be in Savannah in late June.

Has anyone stayed or visted the Westin?

Thx
Arc

Old May 25th, 2001, 07:29 PM
Ginny

Stayed there spring 2000. Very nice place with great food. There's a shuttle boat that takes you across the river to Savannah. Was complimentary if you stayed at the Westin. The golf course was wonderful and in great shape. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Old May 28th, 2001, 04:10 PM
RB

Thanks to above poster on info. Steve- please post your experience upon return. I'm interested in this property for a possible getaway weekend, but want to know if the $$ are worth it. It looks like a great retreat; very interested in its spa services. Thanks!

Old May 28th, 2001, 06:14 PM
Chelle

We stayed there last year. The hotel is beautiful, too bad the service is not up to par. The Westin is a large convention site. I would make sure there were not any conventions during your stay. Also, the shuttle boat ride is nice, but after a while it gets old. You also need to make sure you are on the shuttle before last pick up (11pm?). Plenty of beautiful bed and breakfasts if you are looking for somewhere else to stay.
Savannah is a fun town -- have fun.
PS - Golf course at Westin is great -- look out for the alligators!

Old May 28th, 2001, 06:36 PM
sue

I stayed there in February of this year. Rooms facing the river are very nice. Property is very well kept up.If there is a convention checking in at the same time as you arrive, beware! They front desk is small, and they don't seem to be accustomed to handling a crowd. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was across the river so it was kind of a pain to get into town to go to dinner, etc. You either had to take the boat across which generally only leaves every 30 minutes or take a cab. My advice - rent a car unless you aren't in a big hurry and don't mind waiting.