Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone have ever stayed at the Day Suites in Kissimmee or the Quality Suites in Deerfield Beach?

Search

Anyone have ever stayed at the Day Suites in Kissimmee or the Quality Suites in Deerfield Beach?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 06:55 PM
L

Hi,

We have booked 8 nights at the Quality Suites Inn in Deerfield Beach, and 3 nights at the Days Suites in Kissimmee, Florida for December. Anyone of you have ever stayed there?

We are mainly worried that it might not be spacious enough since we are a family of 4 (2 teenagers) and it is the first time we go in a hotel for such a long time (usually we rent a condo but it was sold)

Thanks for all the info you can give us.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:31 AM
deb

Yikes! Surely you can do better than the Days Inn!!!
Kissimmee is over-run with all sorts of hotels with good prices. We stayed there years ago and spent too much time chasing away cockroaches.

Spend a little more money for quality accomodations for your family...two we've stayed at this year-

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort(Orlando) a few minutes from 192 in Kissimmee

Wyndham Palace Resort at Lake Buena Vista

Visit expedia.com and pull up these hotels to view property, amenities and cost.

3 DAYS...treat them to the best!

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:30 PM
L

Are you talking about the same Days Inn? The one we booked is the Days Suites (5820 West Irlo Bronson Hwy). What attracted me to this hotel is the fact that it is an 3 room appartment with a full kitchen.

PS I looked up the hotels that you suggested on Expedia and here are the rates:

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort $438.82 CDN/night (not a suite - no kitchen)

Wyndham Palace Resort $368.29 CDN/night (not a suite and no kitchen)

They are very nice hotels but out of our price range! They are 4 stars hotels and we are looking at 2 stars (maximum 3 stars if there is a great special)

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Nikki

I hope this works for you but please try http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo.com/resort.htm

I've looked at it a couple times and it appears to have some excellent rates. And it's at some motels that are much nicer than Days Inn (sorry!) See what you think and maybe give them a call. I used to have a phone number for condos in Kissimmee but I've lost that no.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 04:24 AM
L

Thanks Nikki,

I looked up the site that you suggested and could not find a suite hotel which would have at least 2 rooms and a full kitchen. We will be there in high season (Jan. 1 -4) and we can't pay more then $50 US/night ($60 US top)

There is a special on Disney Value hotels "at par" right now for $114/night (which would be like $60 US) but it's only hotel rooms.

I'm still searching...

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:03 AM
xx

In Deerfield Beach you might be better off staying at embassy Suites right on the beach-there is plenty of room for 4 and you wouldn't have to drive to te beach.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 07:32 AM
dwoods

the most fantastic website for all disney resorts/hotels/cruiselines visit:www.disboards.com
there are over 500,000 posts and thread strictly Disney (you would expect that)

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 07:28 PM
L

Thanks for your suggestions,

I have looked up the Embassy Suites and at $554.79 Can/night (on Expedia site) it's really out of our price range. The Quality Suites is $116.00 Can/night. We don't mind the driving if we can save hundreds of dollars (thousands in this case)

Disney hotels look good but they are not suites (unless we pay big $)

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Teresa

Run as fast as you can AWAY from the Days Suites. We stayed there one night 4 years ago and, unless they've drastically upgraded, it's a total dive. Grim, depressing--I could go on. Part of the 'suite' didn't even have carpet--just old linoleum. It's not conducive to wonderful vacation memories, trust me, especially with so many new places to choose from.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:56 PM
L

Thanks Teresa,

There is about 4 Days Inn in Kissimmee. Are you sure it's the same one? Did it have 3 pools and BBQ? If so, I found another hotel which looks to nice to be true - Westgate Vacation Villas for $115.97 CDN/night in Lake Buena Vista. It's for a hotel room but the site do not mention any hotel rooms, only one bedroom or more..

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Teresa

L,
I double-checked and unfortunately we're talking about the same Days Inn. Am having a little bout with insomnia so I did some research on Orlando suite hotels. I discarded the 'older named' hotels like Sleep Inn, Travelodge, etc. because their buildings tend to be older and run down and concentrated instead on newer brands. Found a Homestead Studio Suites in south Orlando for $67 per night with kitchen. Found several for $79 a night (Microtel, Quality Inn and Suites) which is still great for a suite hotel. The best deal was a Baymont Inn and Suites for $53.00. Of course I didn't get the address but the website is www.baymontinn.com. A good rule of thumb anymore is to skip Days Inns entirely...too many horror stories on this and other websites...Good luck!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 04:34 AM
L

Thanks Teresa,

I saw a lot of horror stories about the Days Suite in Fodors to but also people suggesting the hotel...I don't want to take any chance though.

Thanks so much for helping me out.

Baymont Inn looked really nice but the rate I got was $84 USD for just a hotel room (not a suite)

I found Homestead - Orlando which had the best deal at $74 CDN but I'm not sure it's the same one since the name was Homestead Orlando and not Homestead Studio Suites. There was no pool indicated

Where did you get the rates you gave me? Remember my dates are from January 1st (3 nights).

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 04:45 PM
L

tops

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 10:46 PM
L

Thanks to all,

I didn't take any chances and cancelled my reservation at the Days Suite and reserved at the Amerisuite Orlando/Universal - looks really nice (built in 2000) and it's within my price range

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Beth2

Didn't you have another thread where you had found a $50 night at a new hotel near Universal? I didn't reply because I thought that couldn't be beat! But if you are still looking, check out the Holiday Inn Family Suites. Two bedrooms, sitting area with pull-out couch, small kitchenette (sink, fridge, micro), and full bath. The price is closer to $90, but does include full buffet breakfast breakfast and scheduled transportation to and from the parks. This is a nice clean newer property, close to Disney, with lovely pools, evening entertainment, game room, laundry facilities, etc. Good Luck!

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 06:32 PM
L

Thanks Beth2,

You are correct, I started a new thread to get reviews on the Amerisuite that I reserved. Thanks for the new suggestion , I will keep it in mind it the Amerisuite thread gets me bad reviews