Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

anyone have any info or rented from Ace car rental @ Tampa International?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 08:58 AM
x

they have the lowest rate available for March 2003...all others are over $200 and they have a compact for $109 plus tax,etc...know there is Ace in other countries that people swear by...is it the same company?..thanks in advance for any input....

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 05:33 PM
ttt

ttt

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 08:36 AM
c

topping

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Gina

I have never heard of this company and judging from the feedback on your question no one else has either. I would be very leery of renting from an unknown company. March is high season and spring break so I doubt if you are going to find really hot deals. That said I would try priceline or hotwire. If you belong to AAA, AARP or any other organization you can check to see if you can get discounts. Sometimes your credit card company has discounts available. Good luck.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:25 PM
x

thanks,Gina..
last year I got a great deal by booking in Dec. w/Enterprise...ck-ed all discounts..and all rentals...Enterprise shows no cars available at all...and all the others are over $200...last year they rented for over $300 on the Wed. I got there and over $400 for the next week...I paid $140(already had reservations) w/tax,etc...guess they have you boxed into a corner...between airfare and car rentals it`s cheaper to drive...sounded funny being so much cheaper(Ace)....

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Traveler

Check out Avis, Budget's and Dollar's websites. Sometimes they offer internet deals. If all else fails go to hotwire or priceline...