Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone from the Boston area watch Chronicle last night (10/16)?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:06 AM
bennie

Missed most of the show - but they were doing a story on the Columbia River. It seemed like they were traveling on a small cruise ship. Did anyone catch the name of the cruiseline? Or can anyone provide me with details. Can't find info on wcvb's website.

By the way - don't you just love that show. I think its about the best locally produced show in Boston. Even better than the stuff on Channel 2. The travel spots are so beautifully photographed and also go somewhere out of the ordinary.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:13 AM
xx

Bennie,
The info is on Chronicle's website here:
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/chronicle/1711254/detail.html

Yes, one of the best programs on TV IMO.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:15 AM
doc

I watched it..never miss that show. It starts right when the kids go to bed and it really makes me relax after work and kids. The show was great last night. I think chronicle has their own website,check that. It was very informitive about the damm situations and the possibility of closing them. I would love to have Peter Mehegans job on main streets and back roads. The ship was not that big,about 70 passengers and 24 crew, but it looked very relaxing and inviting. No partying or young kids. My brother lives in portland and we will try to do the cruise in the future.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 07:59 AM
bennie

Thanks for the website. From Chronicle's website there was a link to the cruiseline's website. It looks really great. But that trip will have to wait for the kids to grow up. I was hoping it might be appropriate for them because they were so curious about the show.

I have always thought that Peter Mehegan and Mary Richardson have the best jobs in Boston. Hands down.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:03 AM
boss

I agree. Love the show.

I watched one about life in Maine earlier this week. It makes me want to quit my job, move to the coast, and buy a boat!

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:18 AM
bennie

When the Travel Channel was first available they carried Chronicle reruns. Its too bad that there isn't a channel that offers quality travel programming like Chronicle, etc. I'd probably watch t as much as I log onto this forum.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 11:47 AM
CapeCodGirl

I too love Chronicle.
They made Taunton look like Mayberry a few weeks ago! It was great!

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 11:51 AM
nyc

Hey, you guys are making me jealous. A good travel show on TV - and I can't get it?

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Laura

I adore this show. My mother passed away a few years ago, but watching this show brings me back to sitting there watching it with her.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 05:07 AM
bennie

Hey NYC - It is a great show focused on New England. But its not just travel. It really an intelligent magazine style show. Some travelogues, some pop culture, some legitimate culture, restaurants, shopping, real estate, and political issues (treats sensative issues like the priest scandal fairly). Its a real mixed bag of topics but its always well done. Last night the show was about knockoffs and fakes. Fake art in the MFA, fake handbags etc. Combo of a little education, a little camp. Its on weeknights at 7:30 on WCVB.