Anyone concerned about booking on ATA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I probably should have asked this question before I booked my tickets but I didn't think about it at the time. I just booked tickets for FLA in May on ATA out of Midway. I know they are cutting flights out of Midway but I figured they wouldn't be booking flights 5 mos. from now if they weren't going to be operating that flight. Did I screw up?
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 07:50 AM
JJ5

swalter518, I have flights in Feb. and they have been booked since September.
I am assured that they will go. You may want to see my thread on the airlines board.

I don't think you messed up at all. They did combine some of mine but it means going a few hours later, and that's all. I think at the very worst you would get a AirTrans or Southwest plane with your ATA ticket. But they are still not laying off and they are still taking aviation mechanics from my university, so I think you are AOK.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks JJ-brief panic attack--BTW, are you at Lewis?
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 08:49 AM

Southwest is putting $30 million of cash into ATA and providing them with a loan both during the bankruptcy and after.

Unless you have a crystal ball hard to know what can happen by May, but this should at least give them some breathing room.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 11:46 AM
JJ5

Yes, swalter518. And if the Fodors get together in Chicago(Oct.2005) happens, maybe we can go together. I would like to meet you. By the way, I got my Sox ticket deal in the mail today. Ha-ha! Did you hear Mags may be going to the Cubs?

I have been sweating the ATA for awhile, but they are combining flights (they dropped the afternoon ones for the most part), especially to Florida. Yet, I don't think Florida cities are any on the "may drop" list when they downsize the first 6 gates. I have been assured by their associate that they are NOT going out of business and that they will be saved. If he is wrong, the worst that can happen is that Southwest or TransAir will make your flight- and will take ATA tickets.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 12:08 PM

I will be there. I will be relocating from MPLS to Chicago in 2 weeks! Scary! At least now I can provide info on the Twin Cities and Chicago! Go Sox!