Reload this Page >

Any tips for first time visitors?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Brian

I'll be travelling to Seattle/Vancouver this year with a few people including my newborn daughter. I have a few questions and would like any suggestions at all to help guide us in planning this trip.

Renting a car would be the best option for a week long trip? What are the best hotels for the price in downtown Seattle and Vancouver? What are some "can't miss" attractions? What time of year has the best weather for the region? What's the best time to see whales and where?

Thanks, Brian.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 08:28 AM
Canitbe

Yeah, here's a tip. Try putting "Seattle/Vancouver" in your subject header.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 06:45 AM
xxx

sounds like you want us to completely plan your trip, too

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 04:54 PM
gail

Our family has flown in and R.V.d there.I think a car makes it more enjoyable to get around with a young child.Don't miss the Pikes Place Market. You have to see theose fish being thrown around!
We also enjoyed the waterfront and the odd Ripley-like shop by the wharf. Yhe Orcas Islands are a ferry ride away. Look into the wonderful Rosario hotel.We took the car (and even the R.V.) on the ferry when we could. That was fun.
Make sure to go on some of the cable ferries too! We took a drive Vancouver and to Nanaimo and enjoyed the wonderful park area (and Nanaimo Bars!).
We also took the Spirit of Seattle dinner Train.There is just so much to do that you will probably have to make some choices and do it in a couple trips!

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 04:32 PM
LauraPalmer

Don't forget Snoqualmie Falls, about 30 miles east of Seattle, on I-90. The most beautiful waterfall in all of Pacific Northwest. And site of the famous show "Twin Peaks" 1990-91