Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions for a spring break trip w/o the typical 'spring breakers'?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Arden

As a part-time graduate student working more than 40hrs per week...my vacation times are limited. I would love to go somewhere for 'spring break' (first week in April) that wouldn't be full of (younger)college kids. Been there, done that. I'm guessing that I would have to rule out any kind of beaches. I just want some time to RELAX. Any suggestions?

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Gina

I suggest one of the Out Islands of the Bahammas like Harbor Island. Shouldn't be too many college kids there.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 08:57 AM
tannya

I live in Naples, Fl and we have wonderful beaches and very, very, few spring breakers. Most that come to this area go to Ft. Myers beach. If you haven't been to Naples, give it a try. The weather then will be perfect. We have so many fabulous restaurants and galleries and shopping.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 10:25 AM
thereuare

VEGAS!

Doesn't get the usual spring breakers as it's typically a 21+ destination.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 11:54 AM
kelly

I'd try Santa Fe/Taos/Albuquerque, NM. I guarantee there won't be any college kids there (unless they go to school there). During April, you might still be able to ski, but if the weather doesn't permit that, there are great museums, shopping, the arts and beautiful scenery. Each of those cities has exceptional accommodations and restaurants, too, and, depending on where you are coming from, could be a cheap vacation.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Ginny

Arden, how about a nice, relaxing bed and breakfast? Bound to be no college kids there. Let us know what part of the country you want to see...

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 07:34 AM
JR

Aruba, the Caymans, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Martens, Harbor Island, Bahamas, San Juan. Stay away from Cancun, Cozumel, Panama City.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 09:57 AM
ingrid

Tucson and Southern Arizona