Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any info on "The Water Club" Restaurant?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Mookie

We were considering having Thanksgiving Dinner there - view looks incredible. Has anyone been there? It's a $80 p/p fixed dinner on Thanksgiving.

Thanks!

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:37 AM
junebug

Go, no doubt it will be great. I've been there. Food's very good, the view is great and service is great too. It's an all-around lovely place, have a great time.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:37 AM
xxx

Great place. Love the view overlooking the waters of the Locahatcheewanew River. The roast aligator was superb.

Or do you want to give us a clue which Water Club you are talking about?

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Elizabeth

I held a party there about 10 years ago and was veyr happy. Check Zagat's I guess to see how the food is now. But no matter how the food is, it is extremely beautiful, with the water views and in some parts a fireplace.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Elizabeth

I held a party there about 10 years ago and was very happy. Check Zagat's I guess to see how the food is now. But no matter how the food is, it is extremely beautiful, with the water views and in some parts a fireplace.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 03:07 PM
former nyc resident

Dined there once in the middle of a rain-thunder storm and it was fantastic right on the river. Maybe you will get lucky and have some light snow. The price sounds fair to me for the date. I think you would enjoy it. Obviously seafood is king.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Frank

I guess if you are looking for "incredible views", you might want to consider Water's Edge in Long Island City or The River Cafe in Brooklyn, both have fabulous views of Manhattan. The Water Club has views of Queens, not quite the same.

Hopefully that $80 includes tax & tip. Seems like alot for a Turkey dinner.