Antelope Slots Canyon

Search

Antelope Slots Canyon

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antelope Slots Canyon

I'd like to visit Antelope Slots Canyon on my drive up from the Grand Canyon South Rim to Bryce. Would I have to book a tour in advance or just arrive in Page and find a tour from there? Also, I've read in other posts that some people don't take a tour from Page, they just drive to the Antelope Canyon car park, and do a tour from there? Is this possible? Is it better to just do that rather than a guided tour from Page? Thanks
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM

You don't have to book in advance. Yes, you can drive up to the car park and get a tour there. There are a couple of advanges of doing a guide tour from Page. We did it with a company that has air conditioned suburbans which was really nice in August. Since the suburban only seats 7 total, we had a very small tour group and we didn't have to share the canyon with a lot of people. If you drive up and park and take a tour, then you go with a lot more people and you go in a large truck that has been specially rigged to seat passangers in the back and it's open but it's just a short drive.

Mod.Moose
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 08:45 PM

yeah, i felt like cattle being herded. slot canons are beautiful though. I would try to book the a/c drive. Even if it's cold. The last time I was there, it got cold that morning we had scheduled to do it and it was a cold ride back in those rigged off road vehicles.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. So it seems the recommended way is to just do the tour from Page. Is there a Visitor Centre in Page where you can go to book on a tour?
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 01:36 PM

jazzy,

Go to www.navajonationparks.org click on "list of parks and fees" this will bring up a map click on "Antelope Canyon" and you'll get a list of the names and phone numbers of all the tour companies for the park.

You can also do a google search under Antelope Canyon and get tour company sites.

We went last May and it is unbelievably beautiful. Early morning you get the rich colors. Mid day you get the beams of light. Absolutely worth the time, effort, and money.

Fran
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 01:49 PM

Try to plan on being in the canyon around noon. It's really important to see the way the light shafts into the canyon and to get those bedazzling canyon views.

Believe the ride from Page to the Canyon is an hour, so if you plan on leaving Page around 10:30am or 11 am, you'll be fine.

Awesome sight! Good choice!