Antelope Canyon & float trips

Jun 18th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Antelope Canyon & float trips

For a tour of Slot Canyon do we book a tour? Do we do this in advance or when we get there? Is this upper Antelope Canyon?
Is the float trip a must-do? The scenery looks gorgeous, but is it much different then driving?
Thanks
Elaine
Jun 19th, 2007, 11:11 AM

If you want a specific time on a specific day, then you might want to book the Upper Antelope Slot Canyon tour, but it's probably not necessary if you are more flexible. The Upper Slot Canyon tour is the one you can get the beam of light at. See my pictures: http://www.utahtea.lithium.com/pages...lopecanyon.htm

On the float trip you will cover 14 miles of the Colorado River. You can only see this section of the river at the dam near Page, at the other end in Marble canyon and one small section from the Horseshoe Bend hike...the rest will only be seen in movies or on the float trip. You can see areas similar from the road....depending on where else you are traveling. I think this would be similar to Hwy 128 near Moab. I highly recommned the float trip.

Utahtea

Aug 5th, 2007, 02:21 PM

Utahtea, who would I contact to book a tour? We're going in October on our way to see my dad in CA.

Lee Ann
Aug 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM

Never mind - Google is my friend... I just booked an 11:30 tour with Antelope Canyon Tours.

Lee Ann
Aug 5th, 2007, 03:17 PM
maw

That float trip is one our BEST family memories from a Southwest trip last summer, the girls still talk about it.