chattanooga, hotel in a safe area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to take a one night trip to Chattanooga.
I would like to stay close to turist attractions and at a safe place.

I do not seek anything fancy, it can be very humble for what I care - but the cheaper hotels are often i less safer locations IMO.

I looked at i "Days Inn Rivergate", do you now it of have anyone other suggestions

I dont have a car

Thanks

Ellen
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 07:01 AM

I think that right downtown is probably your best bet, as it is also near tourist attractions, such as the Aquarium, Art Museum, etc.

Look at Trip Advisor to see what you can find. Most downtown hotels are quite expensive.

There are three unique places to stay in Chattanooga that you should check out even if you decide not to stay in one. All three are in or very close to downtown. We've only stayed in one and that was years and years ago:

Chattanooga Choo Choo Hilton. You can stay in old railroad cars. We stayed in one when we first moved south and it was fun. Don't warrant it today.

Bluff View Inn. We ate lunch there one Sunday and it was wonderful, and the Inn itself looked very interesting. It is quite close to the Art Museum and Aquarium. This is probably going to be the most expensive of the three.

Delta Queen Hotel--an old steamboat now moored in the Tennessee River. We've seen it, and it looked like it might be fun.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 07:02 AM

I stayed in Chattanooga last week and had the same concerns as a woman travelling by myself. Having pre-booked a hotel which turned out to be in a less than great area, I moved after the first night to the Quality Suites (http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-chat...V.dSup1gAqg.27). I found it to be safe, clean and conveniently located next to the 75. The staff were friendly and helpful and it's right next to a mall with a Starbucks and lots of food options. Hope that helps.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 08:20 AM

Yes - but the OP won;t have a car - is strictly on foot or local transit - so can;t be out by a highway.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 12:02 PM

Consider the Chattanoogan hotel. It is in the downtown area and you can catch a free bus to all the downtown attractions. Very easy to get around in downtown. We were there last year and only used the car to go to Lookout Mountain.

http://www.chattanooganhotel.com
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 03:40 PM

We stayed at The Residence Inn Downtown Chattanooga a few years ago. It's very convenient to downtown. We really like both aquariums, one has salt-water fish,etc, the other has freshwater fish and animals. Downtown Chattanooga is very nice, lots of things to do, probably one of the best places in the whole state for doing things without a car.
Sorry I can't be more help about hotels (it's close enough we day-trip it).