Reload this Page >

Animal Kingdom-hotel?

Search

Animal Kingdom-hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 11:10 AM
Pooh

Animal Kingdom-hotel?

Anyone visit or stay at the new Animal Kingdom hotel? I'm looking to make reservations and want to know what the pool is like and if it's worth the extra $$ to get a room w/ a view overlooking the Savanne (sp?) / Africa area? The picture on the internet looks cool but of course that's the why they put it on their internet site.

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 11:21 AM
ilisa

The hotel opens on April 16. From what I understand, there are 3 different savannas, and that the animals very close. Most rooms have savanna views. I would think that it would be worth it to stay in one of them.

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 04:31 PM
dcp

I hear it's nice

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 10:10 PM
Joy in VA

Deb Wills toured the new resort & posted report on the wdwig.com website. She did comment on how the rooms seemed smaller than you would expect for the price, but you are paying for proximity to all things Disney and probably won't stay in the room that much.

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 07:15 AM
JT

Was there last weekend---magnificent place. Unless you are going to hangout in your room all day, there's no real reason to pay for the view---the animals seem to hibernate at night.

There ar also oberrvation posts in the back of the hotel where guests can hangout and watch the animals anytime they want. The pool is huge and nice, but it faces hotel rooms, not the back part where the animals are.

The main foyer is unbelieveable, a wooden cathedral with a catwalk connecting the floors above.

The place is Disney's best attempt yet at capturing the essence of another country--most of the people who work there are from Africa.