Anaheim hotel and info

Search

Anaheim hotel and info

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anaheim hotel and info

We are a family of 8 attending a wedding in Anaheim and want to try to stay at a hotel w/a family suite. Has anyone stayed at the Islander Inn and Suites? We of course are looking for inexpensive places to eat and things to see. We hope to visit both Anaheim and LA while there, so will rent a car. Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 04:05 AM

I would stay in a condo or a condo-hotel; the Parc Corniche, for example, is centrally located, has 2 (possibly 3) bedroom suites with full kitchens, etc., for very reasonable rates (been there twice; best rates so far through hotels.com).
There are also many many houses for rent (some for the cost of a hotel room) per night; Kissimmee especially has quite a few (try VRBO.com)
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 02:50 PM

We just were at Disneyland. Great restaurant rec: Mimi's, it is in the parking lot of Howard Johnson. Really great food--sandwiches, really fresh greens and fruit, soup, and even decent quiche (which I had).

We stayed at the Howard Johnson. We could all fit into a room, so a suite would have been nice but not necessary. I was intrigued by the Portofino Inn and Suites with its bunk beds, but I have never stayed there.
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 06:16 AM

We also just recently stayed at the HoJos in Anaheim. It was fine. We had a weird room that had no balcony and an awkward shape and was crammed with too much furniture. Most other rooms on the floor had a different layout furniture fit better. The pool was nice and they just opened a new waterplay area with a pirate theme. My girls were a bit too old for it but enjoyed it anyway. One really good thing about the HoJos is that its driveway is not directly on Harbor so you are not pulling out into heavy traffic. You pull out onto a side street and then there is a light at the intersection with Harbor. Much easier than some of the other hotels.

We also visited Knotts Berry Farm - if you have teens they will love the roller coasters and we enjoyed the rest of the park. The chicken dinner we got to go on the way home was very inexpensive ($20 fed the four of us) and pretty darn good.

Mimi's was good as described above.
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM

Orlando?! that reply was to another question about Universal! Cut and paste, a blessing and a curse...sorry