Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

ANAHEIM 8 DAY/7 NIGHT ITINERARY HOW DOES THIS SOUND?? 4 ADULTS 3 KIDS AGE 11, 6 AND 4

Search

ANAHEIM 8 DAY/7 NIGHT ITINERARY HOW DOES THIS SOUND?? 4 ADULTS 3 KIDS AGE 11, 6 AND 4

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FLY INTO LAX SAT JUN 21 GET CAR , ROOMS
SUNDAY -- RELAX SIGHT SEE BEACH ETC
MONDAY DISNEYLAND
TUESDAY SEA WORLD
WEDNESDAY BEACH ANGELS GAME (NIGHT)
THURSDAY SEA WORLD
FRIDAY RELAX SIGHT SEE A LITTLE PACK
SAT FLY OUT
I POSTED THIS EARLIER BUT I NEED MORE SPECIFIC HELP, SO KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN YOU REPLY. OUR ROOM IS A 3 BR CONDO IN ANAHEIM.
WE HAVE DECIDED WE WANT TO GOT TO SEA WORLD LEGOland and DISNEYLAND. WE HAVE RULED OUT KNOTT'S , SIX FLAGS, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, SD ZOO AND ANIMAL PARK. MOSTLY DUE TO KID'S AGES AND WHAT WE THINK THEY WOULD WANT TO SEE. WE RULED OUT CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE AS IT HAS SEVERAL BAD REVIEWS. WE RULED OUT AQUARIUM OF PACIFIC BECAUSE EVERYONE DECIDE TO GO TO SEA WORLD AS WE HAVE BEEN BEFORE AND WAS EVERYONE'S FAVORITE BUT NONE OF OUR KIDS HAVE GONE. WE HAVE AN 11 YEAR OLD WHO LOVES LEGOS AND THE 4 AND 6 YEAR OLD SHOULD LOVE LEGOLAND. IN THE TITLE IT SAYS ANAHEIM BUT YOU SEE THAT IS JUST WHERE I HAVE A TIMESHARE SO ACTUALLY IT SHOULD SAY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. PLEASE TELL ME IF THE ITNINERARY IS LOGICAL. THESE ARE WHAT WE HAV DECIDED
1. DISNEY LAND, 2. ANGELS GAME ON WEDNESDAY, 3. LEGOLAND, 4. SEAWORLD I JUST NEED HELP WITH WHICH DAY TO DO WHAT.
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND PLEASE REPLY!

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 10:23 AM

Breathe!!!
Stop Shouting (when you write in all caps---that's SHOUTING!!)
paragraphs make it easy to read
Try again please!!
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 10:34 AM

Just so you're clear on distances-- Sea World is roughly 90 miles from Anaheim. That's 90 minutes going-- 90 minutes back. Assuming no traffic snarls/accidents/CalTrans construction. And it's not like it's a scenic drive. Parts of it are kinda pretty, but....

LEGOLand, in Carlsbad, is maybe 20 minutes closer. Shopaholics will want to stop at the Carlsbad Outlet Shops (or whatever it's called)-- typical kinda-upscale outlet collection (Coach, Crate & Barrel, etc.).

Not to discourage you, but for either destination that's a LOT of time to spend in a car, IMHO. If you're from out east and you're used to those long road trips, I guess it's OK. I've lived out here so long, my rule is: Over 2 hours in a car in a day? I fly or drive and stay overnight!
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 11:46 AM

I've responded before, but looking at your plans, the only change I might consider is going to Sea World on Friday instead of Thursday. But that would depend on when you are flying out on Saturday. (Early morning flight, I'd stick with SW on Thursday, late flight, consider Friday) Just keep in mind you might run into Friday afternoon rush hour leaving San Diego, unless you either leave early or stay and have dinner in San Diego, leaving after rush hour.

Your itinerary is completely doable and seems to be in line with what you and your family like to do. It is a drive down to San Diego, but as long as you realize that, hey, it's cool. I would try to schedule drive times around rush hour, if possible.

I don't get the "2 hour" rule - when you live in So Cal, you get used to long road trips. It's inevitible. I've lived here all my life (40+ yrs), and think nothing of going to San Diego for the day to visit either Sea World or the Zoo. If you are from an area where you are not used to driving it can be a hassle, but Californians are used to it.

Do be certain, with the ages of the little ones you have, that you have things for them to do in car on the way down and back. (Of course, on the way back, they'll probably sleep!)

Just have fun and enjoy!
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 11:55 AM

sounds fun.
Sea Worlds no that out of the way. Rush hour traffic 7-10 am 4-7pm. Laguna Beach is fun Saw Dust festival.
Enjoy
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 12:02 PM

Chele60: That's why the "2 hour rule" is MY rule and not anyone else's. It's my rule because I've done the LONG road trips and won't do them anymore. I also commute an hour each way to work, so less time in a car, the better. Besides, I like spending the night in SD!
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS OOPS I DID IT AGAIN GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 12:33 PM

You've got SeaWorld twice on this itinerary.

I think you'll be rarin' to go on Sunday, so instead of relaxing, I'd go to Disney and stay late. Then return to Disney on Monday, and get back to the condo in time to be rested for Tuesday's drive. I've not been to Disney in June, but it's easy to imagine that one day won't be enough for the kids.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 12:35 PM

Legoland sounds perfect for your children! I assume your itinerary meant to say Legoland on one day and Sea World on another, not Sea World on two days....

One change you might consider is moving Disneyland to later in the week. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and especially Thursdays are reported to be the lightest atttendance days. And if you keep the lines and crowds to a minimum there, you'll have a better time. Keep in mind that California Adventures is right outside the entrance to Disneyland. Sometimes you can get a pass that covers both parks, so you could pop into California Adventures should you choose to. It's not a big deal to "park hop". Of course, there's more than enough at Disneyland to keep you busy for a day or longer and it is geared for younger kids.

There's a wonderful Lego store in Downtown Disney (right outside the park entrance). My kids liked the store almost better than the park! Of course, there are plenty of places to buy Lego at Legoland too.