Amish Country in Holmes County, Ohio

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 08:11 AM
kathy

Amish Country in Holmes County, Ohio

We received an overnight stay in a B&B in the Amish area of Ohio. We have stayed near the Berlin area before, but are not familiar with Millersburg in Holmes County. Are you? Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 11:29 AM
suzan

Kathy, Millersburg is close to Berlin; all of Amish country is located in that general vicinity. What is the name of the B & B? There are some beauties, there. You'll have a wonderful time, I'm sure!

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 12:34 PM
Maxine

The Inn at Honey Run has great food! Have a good time.

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 06:04 PM
kathy

Susan, I'm an Ohio lover and native too - from Cincinnati. The B&B where our kids booked us is The White House, an historic victorian home offering three rooms for lodging. We haven't picked the date yet - but soon! We stayed at Donna's B&B in Berlin several years ago. Had a great weekend there. Maxine, thanks for the suggestion of The Inn. It's nice to know where to eat from someone who enjoyed the place.

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 04:08 AM
Robertr

You must visit the back roads of Amish Country. Visit Charm, Ohio, which is south of Berlin, a non-touristry taste of Amish living, and eat at the Charm Amish Restaurant there. Then, travel all around the back roads; you will see Amish living at its best. Robert