american summer holiday idea

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need help on deciding on where to go this summer. We did California (San Fran, Monterey, Santa Barbara,Santa Cruz, Carmel L.A- and San Diego road trip) last summer and visited Orlando with one night in Miami 2 years before. We love warm weather, lots of sight seeing, shopping and activities, GREAT FOOD and maybe a beach nearby-and we want to stay in a relaxing, romantic resort as this is our first year anniversary trip as well as a baby making holiday so we want it to be special and fun but have no idea where to go..we were thinking Florida Keys but aren`t sure what the area is like there-we aren`t really divers-would would be bored ? what suggesiotns can you give us we are 25 and 30 and enjoy a lively fun atmosphere where we can get good drinks and food not a antiquing town or anything. Suggesiotns please? oh and no camping. Thanks everybody
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:57 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you considered Hawaii? A two week holiday split between 2 or 3 islands could be just what youu are looking for.
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:04 AM

I agree with janisJ. Hawaii would be great. I would be concerned about hurricane season being in the Florida Keys.
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

I hadn;t thoguth baout Hurricane season..Hawaii is probably to expensive and far (I am in Ottawa, Ontario Canada) and the flights priced insanely.
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:55 AM

>> "baby making holiday..."

Too much information! And isn't every trip a "baby making holiday" at least for the sake of practice?

I love Maine in the summer, especially Kennebunkport. Dinner at the White Barn Inn is one of my favorite activities of all time! Drinks and oysters are great at Hurricanes (and oysters are rumored to contribute to putting you in a "special" mood).
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:12 AM

I haven't done this, but I have been looking into flying from Boston to the Azores. Azores Express flies direct in, I think, 4 hours in the summer and I have seen some deals online. Their website is hard to use, though. The islands look gorgeous- water, views, charm, food, etc.

I'm assuming there are cheap flights from Ottawa to Boston, of course.
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:14 AM

Duh- I pressed post and then realized you asked about American vacations. Forgot which board I was on...

What about a few nights in New Orleans (hot in the summer, but great hotel deals, amazing food, and so romantic) then renting a car and driving out to the Florida panhandle beaches like Destin, Grayton Beach, Pensacola, etc to rent a condo or house and relax on the sugar white sand.

The beaches in the panhandle, in my opinion, beat the Keys if you just want to hang out at the beach. If you want more nightlife, Key West is better.
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:22 AM

How about New York City for a few nights - and then the Hamptons for beaching, partying, etc.
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

those are all great suggestions..I was actually thinking NY and Hamptons..since it is so nearby.
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:44 PM

You could also join many of your Canadian friends and drop down to Cape Cod. Some romantic resorts here include: Chatham Bars Inn; Wequasett Inn; Land's End Inn and Provincetown Inn.