America West?

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Paul

America West?

More than one person has told me to avoid Am. West because they are unstable. Can anyone provide info? I'm planing a group to Vegas in April. Thank you.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:05 AM
xxx

AmWest just received $400 million in government loans. They are stable enough to book a trip in April!

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:07 AM
natale

It's because they have a terrible reputation for on time arrivals. I had to use them this weekend for business and the flight going out was 60 minutes late. Returning back home the flight was 45 minutes late. We sat on the runway for 30 minutes after losing our spot for take off. Never, ever again.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:34 AM
Celeste

I would have been thrilled for so little a wait when I traveled on Delta a few months ago. My outgoing flight was cancelled and it took 8 HOURS to get on another; when I was returning we were delayed 4 hours.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Peter

I would go with American Airlines. With more room throughout coach, thay have the most legroom in coach of any airline. The service, even on domestic flights, is superb. You actually get something to eat such as an entree (ie: pasta dish or chicken) with a salad and a brownie or cookie or a sandwich with chips in place of the entree on flights of two hours or longer. In addition, flight attendants come by at leat two and sometimes three times to serve drinks. Also, you can have preselect your seat at the time of booking, unlike Southwest. And the fares are very competitive. Shop around online for the best deals

American is the only choice for me.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Peter

Forgot to mention that American has package deals to Las Vegas including airfare and hotel with options for a rental car, etc.