Old Apr 13th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alice v. Serendipity V. Dylan's

Hi. Have heard about all 3.
-Alice's Tea Cup
-Dylan's Candy Bar
Serendipity
What tourist attractions are these near? Best among the 3? Can you get other than tea at Alice's (to drink, not food).
Thanks.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 03:53 AM

Dylan's and Serendipity are on the same block on the Upper East Side. They are both near Bloomingdale's (if that interests you) and are not far from Central Park. Alice's is on the Upper West Side and I believe you can eat there too. It is also not far from Central Park. The Upper West Side has some nice stores and great places for brunch. It also has Zabar's (which is a NYC institution, IMO).
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 03:55 AM

Sorry about that. Wasn't finished. The Metroploitan Museum of Art is on the Upper East Side, as is the Whitney and the Guggenheim. They are all in the 70's to 90's. The American Museum of Natural History is on the Upper West Side, in the 80's right across from Central Park.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 04:07 AM

Dylans is Ralph Laurens daughters Candy/Ice cream store. Big with the social set.

Serendipity is hard to describe. But worth the visit. Every kind of food. No alchohol served but plenty of drinks.
And then there are the desserts!!!
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 04:39 AM

The advantage of Dylan's and Serendipity is that you can do both since they are on the same block. Also, if the weather is nice, take the Tram over to Roosevelt Island, it's on the same block 60th and 2nd Avenue. It's $3.00 round trip, takes 5 minutes each way, and runs every 15 minutes. You can do the whole thing in half an hour. It provides a great view of the city and doesn't eat up much time or require advanced planning.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 05:14 AM

Alice's has a menu on their website www.alicesteacup.com
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 06:50 AM

I have been to Alice's Tea Cup several times and each time the level of service has decreased. It offers a cute and eclectic atmopshere, but it sorely lacks consistency in service and quality of food. On one visit my friend and I waited about 15 minutes to be seated while 2 women in the retail store area counted a large wad of cash in full view of everyone. On my last visit about 3 weeks ago the server brought out the food before the tea and then when the tea finally arrived the server had forgotten about my friend's order so she received her pot of tea much later. I know everyone has off days, but this was on more than one occasion and I really wanted to give the place a chance.