Reload this Page >

Alcatraz Tix-What time to go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Shannon

I am just about to book tickets online for Alcatraz on August 10th. Any suggestions on the best time of day to go? I thought I read at somewhere that after 12 pm would be the best because the fog burns off by then.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 06:29 AM
flyboy

I took a 10:15am ferry. No fog or clouds, in fact I actually got sunburned that day! Bring sunscreen! The cool breeze off the bay is deceptive. You think you're cold, but your skin is burning!
Otherwise, it was a great trip. Have fun!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 07:44 AM
jim

I'm working from memory here, but my recollection of two trips there is that the fog tends to roll in in the afternoon, so mid-morning is probably a good time to go.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 09:22 AM
seamus

A pretty safe window is usually between 11 am and 4 pm. Sometimes the fog leaves earlier which was the case recently during our hot spell.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Jessica

I just got back from San Fran a few weeks ago. We went to Alcatraz at about 2:30. The weather was great, and the fog was not an issue. Have a great time, San Fran is amazing!