alaska

Old Apr 6th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alaska

we would like to drive throught the yukon & into alaska, has anyone any ideas. we will probably start at whitehorse, flying in & then pick up a car. we would like to see glacier bay, is there any short cruises
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:55 PM

My parents are planning to head to Alaska from Alberta, heading through the Yukon and then on to Alaska.
Where can I pick up teh Milespot for them? Is this something that can be found at a chapters book store?

Thanks
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:19 PM

The Milepost, though a little pricy, is well worth the cost. It's worth every penny. It's available at most major bookstores and if they don't have any in stock, they can usually order it for you.
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:05 AM

You'll find lots of trip plans if you do a search on this forum. If you are on limited time, I would fly directly to Anchorage and see the highlights. I have only driven the Yukon from Skagway to Anchorage. It's a looooong drive and although there's some wonderful things to see, you can see a lot more in the Kenai Peninsula/Anchorage/Denali parts of Alaska. I also recommend the Milepost. You might be surprised at how far apart gas stations and restaurants are.
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:50 AM

Check online bookstores for the Milepost, too. Some include free shipping and the prices may be cheaper than local bookstores.

There's lots of great info here. Do a search of topics that interest you, and make sure "Alaska" is highlighted in the dialog box.

Enjoy your trip!