Reload this Page >

Airport Shuttle Sacramento-S.F.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:11 PM
Mark

Looking for recommendations on transportation from Sacramento to SFO, without leaving our car at the airport for two weeks, limo/sedans run $300 each trip. Any other good ideas?

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:17 PM
Suzie

We stayed at the Oakland Hilton and they let us leave our car there for free. They shuttled us to the airport and back. They didn't even limit us to where we could park like the hotel near SFO do.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:17 PM
Susan

Mark, Amtrak has a train called the Capitol Corridor that runs from Sacto to Oakland. At that point you could take BART to Colma, and then the airport shuttle from there. Sounds kinda crazy, don't know an easier way.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:21 PM
Suzie

Oh brother I can't believe I posted that about Oakland when you wanted SFO. We have also stayed near SFO with the same arrangement though the hotel designates an area.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:21 PM
Faina

Search Amtrak website, I beleive there is a connection bus which picks you up at one of the stations between Sacramento and SF and takes to the airport. Also check Greyhound, they may have stops at SFO.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:37 PM
janis

I've never found a limo service that charges $300. Call around - most charge about $150 plus tip.

Another choice is staying at the El Rancho or other motel/hotels near SFO that offer free parking for up to 2 weeks (some longer). I often leave my car, fly out of SFO and then stay the night on my return. It is so nice to relax one night after a long vacation before hitting the madness of I-80.

Another option I have used several times is "hiring" a friend or neighbor. Say a limo is $150 - then offer a neighbor $75 or $100. They make some extra money and you save a lot.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:27 PM
Tony

I make this trip quite often. I used to do the El Rancho thing, but they got way too expensive. Long term parking at SF airport is horrible. Your car is absolutely filthy when you return, not to mention the chance of it being broken into.

Believe it or not, the cheapest and most convenient way I know is to rent a car at Sacramento airport and drive it to SF airport dropping it off there. On the return trip, you do the opposite. I usually go through National, but I am sure other companies must do it to. For convenience, you can pick up your car the night before. On my last trip it cost me less than $100 plus a few dollars for gas. Not bad when you are transporting a family of four.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:28 PM
Tony

The $100 was for both ways.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:03 AM
gail

Last week I took Capitol Corridor as mentioned above (Amtrac) and got off at Emeryville directly to a bus which will bring you to the airport (or Market Street), It is fairly easy. The train was delayed 20 minutes though, so allow time for possible delays.

Old May 5th, 2002, 01:09 PM

topping for Sam