Airport Hotel at LAX

Search

Airport Hotel at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport Hotel at LAX

We're flying out of LAX at 7:00 a.m. to Mexico City, with Mexicana Airlines, and want to be as near our terminal as possible. We haven't been to this airport for years (I always hated it in the past) and need as much information as possible to make this early morning flight as easy as possible.

Any thoughts about the Radisson? It seems to be in the thick of things, but is it near Mexicana's terminal?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 08:43 AM

No hotel is "near" Mexicana - they are in the terminal area and hotels are outside on Century Blvd. and the surrounding streets. Any hotel would work, they all provide free shuttles to the various terminals and it's only about a 5-7 minute ride from the majority of "close" hotels. We've stayed at a variety of LAX hotels over the years (Sheraton, Crowne Plaza, Embassy Suites, Quality Inn, Hilton, Hacienda ... etc.) They are all just airport hotels. There was no problem getting to/from airport with hotel shuttles.

I can't remember right now if the Radisson used to be the Hyatt (and before that Intercontinental .. and before that ... God only knows). If it is it is the first hotel on the left as you exit the airport.
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 10:02 AM
lvk

I agree with Lori, any hotel on Century Blvd. would meet your needs. Try Priceline for a 4* in the LAX area for a good rate.

I have a feeling that you are still going to "hate" LAX. The TSA procedures at the International Terminal (where Mexicana boards) are truly ridiculous. Compound that by people trying to check suitcases as big as refrigerators and huge boxes duct-taped together, and you have quite a frustrating scene. I suggest you give yourselves at least 2 hours for check in time, just to be safe.
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 04:51 PM

I have stayed at the Radisson before and it was YUCK! I always stay at the Doubletree in El Segundo when flying out of LAX
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 05:41 PM
P_M

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and we thought it was very nice and reasonably priced. There is a free shuttle bus to the airport.

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en...tyhocn=LAXAGGI
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 05:51 PM

I'm picky about hotels, but I stayed at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport in March and was very pleased. They have a free shuttle to LAX that will drop you off at your terminal.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the information and advice.

I'm really dreading this, but haven't yet found a way to get from Point A to Point B as fast! If I come up with anything I'll let those of you who dislike flying NOW as much as I do. The discomfort of flying economy wasn't bad enough, we have added insult to injury by making it equally unpleasant to get from the front door of the airport to your tiny seat in economy.

If we didn't love traveling so much we'd never put up with it!

Wish us luck and thanks again.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 09:34 AM

How do you define "yuck?" Can anyone help?
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 04:09 PM

Dukey, did you want "anyone" to help or did you want to know why I said it was Yuck? I was in a hurry when responding to this thread so wrote a quick response. To answer your question... it was old, run down, the shuttle was late, the beds soft, dingy...you get the idea, right?
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

I knew what you meant laurenzo. Thanks for responding with the heads up about this hotel!
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 10:36 AM

I'm a big fan of the Sheraton--one of the nicest in the chain. They have transport--as do most of the hotels--to LAX.