Airline Tix for a Group

Search

Airline Tix for a Group

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline Tix for a Group

Any tips out there for purchasing airline tickets for a group? I've got to get 8 adults and 7 kids "somewhere" for a ski trip this winter and the "discounted" group rates are much more expensive than the internet rates. Problem is, you can only buy 6 or 8 tickets via the internet. I could do 2 bookings, but this might be risky if I need 15 and only 12 or 13 are avaliable at the published rate. Any pointers? Right now I'm looking at either Birmingham or Atlanta to maybe Gunnison, Denver or Salt Lake City.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 06:20 PM

I would use the Internet to figure out the two or three airlines with the best routes for your purposes, and the best online fares, then call those three airlines directly. You're going to have to pick one, perhaps two destinations at most, for this to work.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 06:58 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
This is one of the few cases where using a travel agent makes a lot of sense. there are just too many variables and a good TA will be worth it for sure.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM

Yes, a travel agent is a good idea, but don't discount the idea of picking up that old fashioned telephone and calling airlines. We did this for a group of 18 or so to London. We couldn't get anywhere with the internet, and we did check with a travel agent (not necessarily the best), but did the best by calling American Airlines and getting a great deal for the group -- way below the so called "group fares" we found online.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 08:45 PM

Email my ski guy-Michael Boike at [email protected]. Tell him Abby sent you. I don't go to anyone else when booking a ski trip. This man has successfully booked me several vacations all over the world. Love him. He will do everything he can to get you the best rate.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I've got some time yet. I'll give all of this a try.

Others, please sent more ideas or experiences. Thanks....