Search

"Airline" is a hit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2004, 07:15 PM
jor
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Airline" is a hit

I didn't know how much cr*p gate agents and others have to take from passengers. I think the award for biggest jerk goes to the gun nut who couldn't get his goofy gun on the plane and tried to guilt trip the S.W. staff for not being as gun savvy as he was. He would not have gotten an inch with me.

Old Jan 13th, 2004, 03:50 AM

The gun nut surely should have "known" better. After all, he worked for a congressman and served in the Air Force. He of all people should understand what his government is trying to do to protect him Post-911. No excuse for his behavior and Southwest or any other airline will be better off without him!
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:03 AM

We are NOT reality show watchers, but had heard this was great and it is.. For S.W. to have the guts to allow this I applaud them. Have watched both Sunday nights and I can hardly wait for next Sunday.. There is no way that I would ever work behind the desk or let myself be abused as their people were.. GREAT SHOW.....Thanks Southwest
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:07 AM

Damb! I missed it last PM. Gawd knows there wasn't anything else on last nite. Guess I'll have to see if they re-run last night's episode.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:15 AM

I'm hooked on that show! Those irrational people drive me nuts, but I can't tear my eyes away. I just couldn't believe the lady who kept saying that "Southwest screwed me over" when she showed up to the airport late!!! Ugh...people. I think I let the show get in my head too much, though, because last night I was dreaming that I worked for Southwest!
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:16 AM

My heart bled for sons of that stupid biatch who arrived at the Chicago airport 20 mins before their flight to San Diego departed and missed their flight but blamed the airline. She then said Southwest "screwed her" and that she should sue. Sheesh! It was her own damn fault but still blamed everyone else. Man was she ugly too. The Iranian guy who got upset over TSA going through his luggage should be deported.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:17 AM

Couldn't believe the woman who blamed Southwest for her showing up to the gate with her two sons 20 minutes before boarding and saying it was Southwest's fault that she missed the flight. And its really a sad state when those 40 kids caused such a ruckus on the flight from Vegas that the cops had to be called.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 06:02 AM

You can catch this week's episode on Sunday from 3-4:00 pm.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 06:08 AM

My husband actually made me watch it last night and it was great. We travel frequently in & out of Midway and god bless those gate agents, people can be ignorant! That guy with the gun was such a fool, I was just glad he was from LA, not chicago!
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 06:14 AM
GoTravel

"biatch"?

A&E deserves a kick in the ass for that insanely stupid 'Dream House' that is one before 'Airline'.

Are we the consumer that stupid that we have been reduced to this?

I love 'Airline'.

Old Jan 13th, 2004, 07:19 AM

Classic line: "I'm going to rip up every picture of my nephew in the cockpit" I'm sure Southwest CEO is trembling in fear.

Another "child under 2" problem. I think Southwest needs to make their policy more clear to the customer. Can't it be printed on the ticket?

I also felt sorry for the two boys of the angry woman. They must have been really embarrassed.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 07:24 AM
GoTravel

That other child that was under two, in what universe did the mother think it is safe to be a lap child? She put her child's life in order to save a couple of bucks.

Old Jan 13th, 2004, 07:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wasn't it amazing how the mother of the "under two", after making a huge fuss, gets to the gate so late that everyone else has boarded and there are only single seats left? Airlines could and should, IMO, avoid that whole age thing by simply requiring that everyone has to buy a seat - and use it.

I also felt sorry for the angry woman's sons.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 10:02 AM

Oh, and did you see the look on the face of the elderly woman who was seated in the middle of the three seats when the woman with the "under" two-year-old child was seated next to her--it told the whole story. And if it were up to me, that whole group of 40 would not have been allowed to board. And I ask, how can an adult chaperone of a the kids bike group be permitted to be under the influence! If he were involved with a public entity such as a school, this would be considered a scandal.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 10:15 AM

This show sounds funny/intresting, but I've never heard of it. What network and night is it on?
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 10:33 AM

About the "under 2" kid, the parents did have proof of age at one time, it was in a yellow folder but dumb dad said he threw it away because he didn't think it was important. Does anyone remember the look on the moms face when he told her he tossed it in the trash?
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 10:34 AM

It's on A&E on Monday nights at 9:00 & 9:30 CST (probably 10:00 & 10:30 Eastern/Pacific). It's a reality show--sort of a documentary that follows Southwest Airlines employees at Chicago Midway Airport & LAX. It shows all kinds of situations with customers being upset, too drunk to fly, etc. It's really funny and VERY interesting and makes you never want to work for an airline.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 11:10 AM
jor
Original Poster

Hee_hee_hee, Yes, I specificaly did see the look on the wife's face when he told her he tossed it in the trash. She looked like she was faking it, and knew there never were any papers.

BTW folks, travelisfun is the only person I have seen on this board who has specified time zones when giving the time of day for a national telecast. Telling someone that a show starts at 10:00 without specifiing EST could cause many people to miss the show. \/
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 12:14 PM

jor...Yeah, I live in the Central Time Zone and have missed many programs due to non-specified time zones. I'm glad if I could save others from the same fate.

No one has commented too much on the second episode about the blackouts. I really felt for those poor people who were stranded and had to take buses to their destinations, but I REALLY hope I would have had the presence of mind not to yell at Southwest for something that was obviously out of their control. I was impressed that they even offered buses.

This show has really made me want to never get upset at an airline employee again. (Not that I have that often, but I've had a few moments with lost baggage or missed flights...)
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 06:08 PM

I'd just like to mention that if those passengers who by their own fault missed their flight (i.e. drunk guy at LAX bar and angry mom) were flying AA, UA, CO, DL, NW or US, they probably would not have been graciously put on standby for the next available flight. They would have been charged out the wazoo for a new one way ticket at that day's fare. Depending on the destination, we're talking $500-$1000+ A traveler flying on an nr fare who missed a flight and MUST get to their destination is jackpot for the so called major airlines. Same deal with the unticketed kid, a same day child's fare would probably cost $500+ versus a one way WN fare of under $200. Southwest is the most consumer friendly of all the airlines. One more example, no change/penalty fees on nr fares, you can use the full face value of an unused nonrefundable ticket towards a new one. With the blackout situation, the airlines are in no way obligated to provide overnight accomodations if a flight is cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control. Southwest did provide hotel rooms, albeit reluctantly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -