Airfare to Vegas Dropped

Search

Airfare to Vegas Dropped

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airfare to Vegas Dropped

I booked a flight to Vegas 2 weeks ago with America West. Today, I saw that the price went down about $160. Called the airline to see if I could get a voucher for the difference. They said they couldn't do anything. Now I'm sad. Has this happened to you before?
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 05:46 AM

That's why I use a travel agent... they can get me most of the difference back when that happens and THEY have a tool that watches for the fares to drop!
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 06:25 AM

Travel agents can't get a refund that I can't get myself. With most airlines you can get most of the difference back less the rebooking penalty, which unfortunately has risen on many airlines recently. One thing I like (OK, the only thing I like) about SWA is you can exchange your ticket for credit, Southwestbucks per se, to be used on another reservation with no penalty. I switched one ticket four times as we were trying get a group to sync up on the same flight with separate purchases. At least you still could last July. If America West will not let you do anything with that ticket then that's their policy. Check their website and look for those details. If it looks like you should be able to rebook for a penalty, then call them up with that info in hand and get someone else who will help.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 06:50 AM

Heland..America West may be the only domestic carrier that will not allow a "rollover" of your present reservations, no changes being made to the itinerary, for the new lower fare.It drives my TA crazy and they are a "Platinum" travel agency with America West, a very high level revenue producer for the airline.It's just their rule, sadly that we have to live with.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 07:29 AM

I pay my TA 25.00 to manage the entire process for me. I do not have to figure anything out or be on hold or, well... anything. I pay them to do it.
I can do it myself... I can mow my yard... I can cut my own hair... etc... I simply prefer to have a professional deal with it which frees me up to do whatever I want to do.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 07:37 AM

I was fixing to book a trip for 3 for Dallas to Seattle on America West, because they were $100+ cheaper per ticket than my usual airline, American. Now, after reading these posts, I am hesitant to use AW. Any advice?
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 08:04 AM
jd

I have never used Amer.West, but a couple of months ago the price dropped on my flight with American, and they sent me a voucher for the difference. Delta has done this also.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 09:12 AM

Loki,

There are no rebooking fees on fare rollovers. With most airlines, it's a simple call and they will either credit your CC or send you a voucher that's good for a year.
The main rule is that the new fare is applicable for the same flight(s) that you are ticketed for.