Search

Airfare?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:58 PM
Sandi

Airfare?

This may sound silly, but what's the best way to price airfare to Hawaii? To Honolulu, then do an add-on or price it directly to other airports...Lihue, etc.? Thanks for any help!

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:09 PM
p.

All of the above.. depends on specials, although HNL, by carrying the greatest traffic, seems to offer the most deals but then you have to see how much the extra hop(s) add to the total.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:15 PM
Suzie

From the West Coast there are direct flights to most of the islands. Where are you coming from?

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:25 PM
Sandi

From Florida. I should have jumped on the airfare when it was around $600, but travel time is flexible, so maybe I'll wait until it drops. Thanks much.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:27 PM
joan

Sandi, I've been checking prices for a 2 island trip for months now (coming from Tampa), and it can get complicated. Orbitz is the best at this, with Travelocity and Expedia a distant second (travelocity doesn't recognize lihue unless you put honolulu in as a separate flight). In other words, multi-city: home to island 1, island 1 to island 2, island 2 to home. OR home to honolulu, honolulu to island 1, and so on, with return as island 2 to honolulu, honolulu to home. Clear as mud?

With Orbitz the cost seems to be the lowest too, although now low enough yet, I still haven't booked for my Sept trip, been watching since December.

P.S. I also got a decent price from Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays, from their 800 number, which includes inter-island and car....just not low enough to book just yet! 1-800-742-9244. Good Luck!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Patty

p. is right - you should be pricing it both ways as what is "best" one day may not be on another day.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 05:10 PM
anonymous

try these 2 sites that search the majority of airline websites & sites like orbitz & travelocity:

www.cheap-airfare.com
www.lowestravel.com

I search www.bestfares.com to see which airline has the cheapest airfare as well...I do not intend to join bestfares..just a good tool to use