hawaiian island flights

Mar 5th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

hawaiian island flights

Flying in Honolulu March 26. Flying to Kona late afternoon on the 27.This jaunt was more expensive than I had hoped,since there are two of us.We plan to fly to Lihue April 3.Then back to honolulu on the 10.What is the best,least expensive way to book these last two flights?
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:48 PM

From the booking I've done, on the Hawaiian site, I have noticed that the earlier in the day or the later into the evening you can fly, the cheaper you might get your tickets.
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Is there a way to book them together which may be less ?
Mar 5th, 2010, 05:52 PM

I can't answer that question, as I've always just booked a roundtrip from HNL to one island at a time. But why not check for that option! It's worth a look.
Mar 7th, 2010, 02:47 PM

I agree that if you're flexible in your dates & times, you can take advantage the best rates. The only airlines that routinely service the islands are Hawaiian and Go! I have only flown Hawaiian.
Mar 7th, 2010, 04:53 PM

There's no non-stop KOA-LIH.

But since intra-HI flights are basically priced as single trips anyways, you should book the flights as three groups:

HNL-KOA
KOA-(HNL)-LIH
LIH-HNL

This way, if your KOA-HNL flight is late, you'll still be protected on the connecting flight to LIH. Otherwise, if you book the flights as two roundtrips, you may be on your own if your KOA-HNL is late and you miss the connecting.
Mar 8th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

I already booked my HNL-KOA.I haven't booked KOA-LIH or LIH-HNL.I didn't realize the KOA-LIH requires a stop in HNL though.Thanks,I don't like suprises