Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

After much thought and debate we have decided on the Four Seasons Chicago.......

Search

After much thought and debate we have decided on the Four Seasons Chicago.......

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2003, 02:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Sunday Brunch but I would like to know if I can walk to the Four Seasons Hotel from the Hyatt Regency Chicago on East Wacker Drive? The Four Seasons Hotel is located at 120 East Delaware Place...It looks like it's off N Michigan Avenue but the map was so small I could not make out if it was near my hotel or not.Can somebody help me out on this? I'm going today to pick up a Chicago Street Map so hopefully that will help me locate other points of interest I want to find! Thanks for the help!
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 03:16 AM

You could walk, do some window shopping, BUT, the hotels are about a mile and 1/2 apart.
Have a great trip!
Go to mapblast.com, put in the 2 addresses and it will give you a detailed map and directions.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 07:16 AM

I would take a cab there and walk back. It's really not a far walk and you'll enjoy walking down Michigan Avenue if it's a nice day.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

HI,Thank you for your responses.I went to Mapblast.com and it is a little over
1 1/2 miles to the Four Seasons.Not too bad but I think taking a cab there and walking back is a great idea!From the look's of the Sunday Brunch Menu I'll need to walk alot further than that to burn all those calories I'll be eating!!
Can anybody recommend a place in the area of the Hyatt Regency Chicago for drinks?Preferably someplace that doesn't charge a fortune for mixed drinks? I don't know anything about the area of E Wacker Drive so if someone has any other suggestions please let me know!!
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 07:56 AM

Can't help you with that, but allow me to suggest a great place for after-brunch drink if it's a nice clear day. Right across the street from Four Seasons is John Hancock Building. Instead of taking the elevator to the observatory deck which costs someting between $10-15 per, take the FREE elevator to the 95th Lounge. For the price of the observatory you could have a drink or 2 and have great views of Chicago and surrounding areas.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 08:06 AM

The Four Seasons is in the 900 N. Michigan complex; the Hyatt is just south of the river, roughly 300 N. Michigan plus a half-block east on Wacker. The walk down Michigan is probably less than 1.5 miles, plus it's an essential Chicago stroll. It will take you about 20 minutes to walk, if you can resist stoppping in any of the stores!
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 08:08 AM

I have heard good things about the Drake. I haven't stayed there myself.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Wow,Going to the 95th Floor of the John Hancock Building after Brunch is a great idea!Did not know the elevator to the Lounge was free!We'll be heading over to the International Museum of Sugical Science afterwards.I hope I can resist going into some of the shops on the way too!It's not going to be easy!
I've also heard the Drake,Ritz Carlton,the Wishbone on Washington,and the House of Blues were great places for Sunday Brunch.It was just sooooo hard to decide on one place!! They all sound good.Any other suggestions please feel free!!
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 05:46 PM

You've obviously already made up your mind, but if I might interject: We very much enjoyed the House of Blues' Gospel Brunch during a recent visit. High quality food, great fun. Just a thought... Enjoy your trip!