Reload this Page >

advice requested on SeaWorld!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 03:58 AM
barbara

Message: hello all, as i am finalizing my x-mas trip to florida,what is the place to get the cheapest sea-world tickets? as we are a family of 4 people (all adults) and we plan on just the Sea World experience (no other parks) it seems quite expensive ($48)? How low can you go with coupons, discounts and stuff?
thank you ,barbara

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 04:13 AM
Annie

Hi Barbara:
Are you or anyone you know members of AAA? They give you a discount. The last time I got tickets in 1998, they were $12 off the park price. Check on line at www.aaa.com or call your local office. Good luck.

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 04:14 AM
Armstrong Wong

Try AAA membership. With your AAA card, your ticket price is $41.98 at Sea World Orlando. Have fund.

Armstrong
Hong Kong

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 06:56 AM
Meg

Barbara, this is not related to ticket prices, but I do have one piece of advice on Sea World. See the Killer Whale show last of all the shows you see (but make sure you get in to see it). I found all the other shows completely anticlimactic after the KW show.

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 11:27 AM
barbara

thank you all so far for the advice, yes , my dutch AAA provides a "show and save"thing with my AAA card.
I still think $41.98 is a lot of money , when you are with 4 full paying people, but we have the disadvantage of the terrible expensive dollar!! (= in guilders 2.55)!!

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 11:31 AM
AC

Hi Barbara:
Check with your local office of AAA. I got the tickets before leaving for Florida and it was much cheaper than the show and save. I believe somewhere between 10-12 dollars off. Though it was two years ago, it might be worthwhile to check.
Your AAA road service privileges are valid in Florida. Be sure to have your card in your wallet for the "just in cases" Have fun!

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 08:07 PM
Joy in Virginia

This may save you money over a week. Discovery Cove is across the road from Sea World. The web site is www.discoverycove.com. The admission if you get the dolphin swim is quite expensive, but the admission WITHOUT dolphin swim is about $80 (US) per person AND INCLUDES: one day admission to Discovery Cove including all amenities, lunch, use of life jackets, wet suits if needed, food to feed birds in aviary, suntan lotion, one photo of your group..AND it includes SEVEN DAY admission to Sea World that can begin up to seven days before or after your Discovery Cove admission date. The dolphin swims are booked months ahead, but there are about 400 admission slots fo folks NOT doing the dolphin swim and we had no trouble getting in during peak season in August. This may be more economical since you will be able to visit Sea World several times. Also see site www.themeparks.com for several trip reports & lots of photos.

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 08:12 PM
Joy in VA

To clarify dual Sea World / discovery Cove admission. You make a reservation to visit Discovery Cove on a particular day. If you will go to Discovery Cove on Dec 27, then you could use your admission letter to go to Sea World on Dec 21 thru Dec 26, then the 27th would be your seventh day of admission - you go to Discovery Cove then. Or you could go to DC on Dec 27, go to Sea World that evening, and go to Sea World for 6 more days. Hope ou have a great time in Orlando!