Notices

Advice on Itinerary to San Fran & Yosemite

Old May 30th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on Itinerary to San Fran & Yosemite

My husband and I will be flying into San Franiscso, but unfortunatley we only have 4 1/2 days before he has to be in Napa valley for business. We want to spend a couple days in Yosimite and a couple in San Francisco. What do you all recommend are must sees in the short time we have and where do recommend to eat and stay. We are not much into museums or history. Is it possible to squeeze in a drive up and down Highway 1? Thank you for all your help!
Old May 30th, 2005, 05:14 PM

From SF to Yosemite is at least a 4 hour drive...depending on the day of the week and the time you try to leave the bay area for Yosemite. You will want to spend at least one night in Yosemite Valley so try and see if you can get a cancellation for lodging as soon as you have a date. Yes, Yosemite can be done in a day, but I don't recommend it. You will only have a very short couple of hours if you try it.

Utahtea
Old May 30th, 2005, 05:50 PM

WHEN is your trip? If it is in the next 3 months it will be pretty difficult to get accomodations in, or even reasonably near, Yosemite. And if it is a weekend, nearly impossible.
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:10 PM

I agree that you won't have time to go to Yosemite. Because of the heavy snow pack this year the falls are full and gorgeous and it will be impossible to get any accomodations. S.F. has enough to see and do to keep you very busy for most of the time. Take a drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and head over to Stinson Beach. Then drive up hwy 1 as far as the Russian River near Jenner and return via hwy 101. A lot of nice beaches along the way.
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:17 PM

I wouldn't assume accommodations will be impossible in Yosemite. It is so beautiful that it is worth a try at least. I think adding a Highway 1 drive would be difficult.