Advice on choosing Atlantic City Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I'll be in Atlantic City for a day and a half in mid-June, for a leisure weekend. I am looking for a hotel that has the best combination of luxury AND central location. The Trump Taj Mahal is definitely sufficient luxury, but the location on the map is kind of far off the center. I would ideally like to be able to walk out of my room and into the center of the action on the Boarwalk. What do you all recommend is the best combination of the two?
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:42 PM

We had a mother/sister trip and stayed at the Borgata,,,great place, but too far from the action on the bdwlk. We decided that Ceasers would be the best of all worlds....their Pier shops are the BEST. Next time we go, we wil stay at Ceasers. We think the Taj looks very iffy at best, it is a no go.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:38 PM

Get a room in the Centurion Tower at Caesars. They are just about done with renovations and the rooms are very nice. The Ocean Tower is even nicer.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:50 PM

Ceasars location is definitely more central, and the new pier shops are really splendid, although the Taj isn't too bad. It's right on the boardwalk, and the whole stretch is pretty lively, but it is a hike to mid-beach. The Marina district properties are really isolated though, and you have to drive or take a cab or jitney to get anywhere. Lovely as it is, I find the Borgata particularily tricky to get in and out of.
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 11:56 AM

Ditto on Caesars. Very convenient to shopping (both high end, as well as the outlets), and right on the beach/boardwalk.
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM

Hi

I am a local to AC. I haven't seen the rooms at Ceasars but agree as far as location!

The Tropicana has "The Quater" which has great restaurants: PF Changs, Carmines, Red Square to name a few, IMAX Theatre, club scene and shopping. I would visit there. Resorts has a Boogie Nights club (80's) Borgata has a big club scene and "The Pier" at Ceasars has shopping, clubs, great restaurants and view!

You may want to consider making reservations now for dinner if it's a weekend!

Enjoy!