Adirondacks Trip Report

Search

Adirondacks Trip Report

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2005, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adirondacks Trip Report

Buffalo Girl and several others helped my brother plan a last minute trip to the Adirondacks. I insisted he give me some feedback on his experiences.
He stayed first at Ruah B and B (http://ruahbb.com). He said the rooms were gorgeous and very comfortable. He preferred Flirtation as it was not airconditioned allowing them to enjoy the evening breezes off the lake. He also said breakfast was excellent, the views were terrific and he greatly enjoyed his stay there.
He went on to Elk Lake Lodge. It was remote, a hikers' paradise. There were miles and miles of trails. The accomodations he had were in the lodge. His was a very small room with twin beds and standup shower. As advertised, but not very romantic. The food is served at very specific times during the day, the schedule was a bit rigid. The food was only average, nothing special. He felt it was not worth the $$$ he spent. Others desiring a rustic quiet hiking holiday might feel differently.

Buffalo Girl, he did say thank you for your recommendation. It was a high point on the trip.
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

topping for Buffalo Girl
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 04:42 AM

Thanks for the report buffalogirl! IT's so nice to hear back from people. I think I tried to warn him about Elk Lake Lodge...
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:36 AM

cmcfong: Thanks for the update, and I'm so happy your brother enjoyed his stay. But I'm envious, because I haven't stayed there yet. On my next trip to VT to visit my brother I think I'll have to add on an extra day so I can stay at the Ruah!
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

wliwl, you did indeed send up some pretty clear warnings about Elk Lake, but he was faced with very limited availability. Because his girlfriend is dealing with a difficult family problem they were unable to plan much in advance. He confirms your observations about room size and the food. I think he was thrilled with Rhua and without the help of Buffalo Girl we never would have found it. He said it was a good trip all in all, he even liked Elk Lake but it was a lot of money for fairly spartan accomodations and institutional food.
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:55 PM

The Adirondacks is always great and I'm glad he had fun. You're a good sister!