Reload this Page >

Addicted to this site

Search

Addicted to this site

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 11:25 AM
sue

Addicted to this site

I started using this forum site about 4 weeks ago and now I can't get anything else done! Anyone else with this problem, or can anyone advise me how to break my habit!

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 11:32 AM
Beth

If you go to the Europe forum and search for "addicted to this site" you can find out just how many folks share your problem. Only way to cure it is to be on a trip all the time.

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 11:47 AM
Ruth

Sue, Remember the old Olivia Newton-John song, "Hopelessly Devoted to You"? I think there's a lot of us, and that there's no hope!

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 12:23 PM
Laura

Definitely have the same problem, especially with the heat of the Summer of 99 and a dissertation that won't write itself. Would much prefer to be traveling, of course. I do have to say, thought, that the mean-spirited arguments that go on in some threads sometimes depresses me for a while. I try to avoid them, but they pop up at odd moments (can be sort of like trying to look away from a catfight).

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 03:33 PM
JoAnn

Oh yeah! This one, and my timesharing BBS. Any travelers anonymous groups out there?

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 07:06 PM
kalena - k

I do agree it's fun, and I've been the recipient of helpful advice. It's also fun to share what I know. Fodorites, keep it up! Aloha.

Old Jul 31st, 1999, 05:20 PM
Pat

I also love this site. I have learned from it and have also (hopefully) helped other travelers.
I check out the site every chance I get!

Old Aug 1st, 1999, 10:32 AM
et

You know of all the bad habits you could have this is not one! This site is interesting, educational and lots and lots of fun. It encourages me to want to travel and yes I'm afraid with the weather being as hot and humid as it is stay home with the air conditioning. You'll kick it when you need to.

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 05:41 AM
ben

I'm sorry to hear about your strife Sue. Addiction is a serious problem, no matter if you are addicted to drugs, alcohol, sex, etc. I hope you can find some help before it is too late for you.

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 03:06 AM
Kylie

I agree with you Sue. I only found out about this site about a week or two ago and since then I've been on it every night. I'm travelling to America soon and the people who have responded to my questions have been very helpful. I only wish I found this site sooner!

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 02:56 PM
Mame

Sue,
I too share your problem. I started using this forum in September'98 and haven't been able to say goodbye. This forum was very helpful to me planning my trip to Alaska. I using it now for a trip to Maryland and for a cruise in 2000. I am so addicted that I only get about three to four hours of sleep a night. But I enjoy my addiction. Better this than some other worse addictions.

Old Aug 23rd, 1999, 11:53 AM
jean12_2000

You think you have a problem. I work at AAA travel and everytime i see a problem that i've come across at AAA i try to solve it. This isn't even my computer, its my sons, poor guy doesn't get to use it much anymore!!!!!

Old Aug 23rd, 1999, 03:43 PM
patti

I'll be traveling to New York Nov.4th thru 7th and since it is the marathon weekend I am having a hard time with a hotel reservation. I am booked at the Wyndam off central park near Bergdorf Goodman, but I hear they only have twin beds and I was looking for double beds and a convenient and safe location. Has anyone stayed here? How about the Doral Park or Roger Williams? I hear they may be a little bit better, and they have rooms.
thanks.