Reload this Page >

Action in Pismo Beach?

Search

Action in Pismo Beach?

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2001, 02:43 PM
Mom

Action in Pismo Beach?

I'm looking for a place to take three 14 year old boys for a few days to celebrate graduation from 8th grade (I'd rather be in Paris with girls!). Pismo is within a half days driving distance which is about as far as I'd like to go. I've done some research, but wondered if anyone has experienced a "gem" of lodging or playing in that area.
Thanks.

Old May 30th, 2001, 03:53 PM
xxx

While I much prefer Morro Bay to Pismo Beach for a central coast beach community, Pismo probably is better suited for teenage boys. If they enjoy the ocean, it should be a good destination. But beyond the water activities, there's not a great deal for boys. There are movie theaters in the area and you could always head into San Luis Obispo for dinner one night.

Old May 30th, 2001, 04:00 PM
Sarah

What area are you coming from? Maybe a camping adventure would be a good choice for you? You could camp at one of the campgrounds along the Southern California coast - near Santa Barbara/Goleta. Or maybe at Yosemite if that's closer to the direction that you're coming from.

Old May 30th, 2001, 04:01 PM
kam

You can still drive on the beach at Oceano Dunes. Horseback riding and rental dune buggies. Cracked Crab restaurant is one of those where they dump the crabs on the table and give you a hammer (somehow I think 14 y.os.would like that idea). Also Rosa's for pasta. There's waterskiing and a water slide at one of the beaches. Morro Bay is not too far away. Sea Gypsy Hotel is reasonably priced, has pool, kitchenettes, micrwaves, fridges etc which are good for snacks and late night meals. Look at www.pismochamber.com. We took a middleschooler here and he had a great time.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 11:26 AM
Terry

There's also Bernardo's ice cream parlor in ol town Arroyo Grande. The Great American Melodrama in Oceano. And personally I like the beach at Avila. There's a race track north of Santa Maria right along the 101 fwy.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Jonathan

I've stayed in Pismo Beach twice and I have always stayed at the Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge. The rooms are very comfortable and have balconies. The rooms also have great views. The hotel has a great restaurant. The Shore Cliff also has it's own private beach!