accomodations on the Cape

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 11:00 AM
xxx

accomodations on the Cape

My husband and I would like to spend several days, post Labor Day on the Cape. We like to stay mid-cape, possibly in or near the town of Dennis. Can anyone recommend a nice place,possibly not too expensive--we're looking for a "deal".

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 01:12 PM
aaa

If you're serious, you'd have a name, even if you don't care to use a valid e-mail address. I know of several terrific places with huge value for the dollar. No way I'd post them here. Had you given your name and e-mail address, I might have e-mailed you privately. If you had left off that last phrase.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 03:49 PM
mark

Hey AAA, 3 questions:

1. Who cares if someone uses a fake email? Personally I would refer not to provide my email because it will likely wind up on a spam list. Remember Fodors isn't a nonprofit...
2. Why do you prefer to send recommendations via email rather than posting them for public consumption? When I travel part of my researh is dpoing searches on old messages. In this case I would search on 'Dennis'.
3. What is the big conspiracy you are alluding to? Whats so key about "deal"? Is xxx up to something evil that I am too naive to understand?

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 03:50 PM
emmy

Ocean Edge in Brewster (on the bay) is beautiful. It can be expensive in season but I've heard of great deals around Columbus Day. It's a very comprehensive resort. A B&B that was recommended in Brewster is "OLd Sea Pines Inn."
Chatham is a lovely mid cape town on the ocean side.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 08:05 PM
mare

Oh how I envy you! September is so beautiful in New England, and the crowds are gone!

www.lighthouseinn.com

You will love this place! Hopefully they'll have some good rates after Labor Day!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:05 AM
mel

I too love the Cape after Labor Day--do you know if the Christmas Tree shops are still around? I loved to shop them!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:08 AM
leahj

Christmas Tree shops are popping up everywhere! They are now in malls and shopiing centers across Massachusetts, not just on Cape anymore.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:51 PM
topper

to the top!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:49 PM
aaaaaaa

Try the Three Seasons in Dennis or Ocean Mist in So Yarmouth