Reload this Page >

Accomodations at Center City, Philadelphia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 01:34 AM
Nikko

I'm planning to attend the ASIS annual seminar on September. I'm looking for a place where I can stay for four nights that is cheaper than a hotel and hopefully within walking distance from the convention center near the Marriott. I'd appreciate any advice you could send my way. Thanks.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 05:52 AM
Daniel Williams

Maybe this will be in your price range: for $99/night, I stayed twice at the Rodeway Inn which is not far from the convention center (3 blocks). The rooms are small with private bathrooms and TV; no-frills for sure but I always slept well and liked it for the convenience to restaurants, etc... Have a great time in Philly.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:33 AM
x

$99 for a Rodeway? Wow! I'd try Priceline. I got the Wyndham last year for $50.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:57 AM
kmarie

If you try www.gophila.com, you'll find a link to B and B's with listings by neighborhoods. Photos and rates are included.

Another approach is www.quikbook.com. I understand their rates are not so low as Priceline, but you do know which hotel you are getting and you do have the opprtunity to cancel.

Enjoy Philadelphia!

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:02 AM
Anita

Hi Nikko. I'm not sure how offbeat you are willing to go to save some $$$, but one seriously cheap alternative is the Bank Street Hostel which will run you $22 a night for a bed in a dorm-style room with shared bath. Here's a link http://www.bankstreethostel.com

What actually is your price range?

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:17 AM
Anita

Oh, I just remembered another place. Try the Alexander Inn, which is just 4 blocks from the Convention Center. You can get a lovely room for $99 per night and that includes a breakfast buffet. Here is the link:

http://www.alexanderinn.com

Good luck. Let us know what you decide!

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 04:42 PM
tippity

Here it is!

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 04:44 PM
David

I would recommend Priceline.com as "x" suggested. A couple of years ago I got a rom at the Crowne Plaza at 18th and Market for $50/night.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:01 PM
mark

I would take a look at http://www.freehotelguide.com they usually have some pretty good rates.