Accomodation and Itinerary Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are travelling from Long Beach to LA for a couple of days in mid July.

Can you recommend any hotels that are walking distance or a short taxi ride to attractions. We have allocated one full day for Universal Studios and have one day free in LA - any suggestions on what to do?
Old May 26th, 2003, 08:39 PM

If you stay at the new Renaissance Hollywood you can hop the subway to Universal.
You're 2nd day I would recommend the Getty Center. From your hotel you can walk down to Sunset and take the number 2 bus to Beverly Hills/Westwood. Shopping and lunch. From there you can take a cab (or the 561 bus north) to the Getty Center entrance. If it's a weekend, the Getty is open until 9pm and you can have an upscale dinner at their fabulous-view restaurant.

Note: Cabs are not always easy to find in LA.
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:37 AM

joesorce has excellent suggestions. Additionally, if the Metro Rail Gold Line is done and open when you arrive, you could hop up to Pasadena, which is a wonderful area of architecturally-significant houses (Arts & Crafts style), restaurants, shops and clubs.

Nightlife in Hollywood can be iffy, but there are a few outstanding restaurants and jazz clubs in the area (Michael Feinstein now runs the old Cinegrill space in the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel).

Too bad your stay will be so brief, but I think you will enjoy yourself!
Old May 30th, 2003, 10:34 AM

Is there a method of public transportation from the Omni downtown to LAX? I don't mind busses or metros. Can I get public transit from Omni to Beverly Hills and then to LAX?

Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:50 AM

Yes, you can take the mta blue line to the green line. Transfer at the Aviation station.