? about Priceline, book early or last minute?

Apr 11th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Original Poster
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,440
? about Priceline, book early or last minute?

What strategy do you think gets you the best price with Priceline? To book way in advance or at the last minute? Or does it matter? Want to go to Santa MOnica in June for one night and wondering if we should book now or just wait and take our chances. Any advice on this?
Heavens is offline  
Apr 11th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,254
Hello Heavens,

You should begin at this website:
Once you register (easy, no money) you have access to just about any question/answer you might have regarding Priceline (including your question of how far in advance to book).

Happy travels!
kopp is offline  
Apr 11th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 12,171
Heavens, there's no way of knowing. Some of the best deals can only be obtained well in advance and others can only be obtained at the last minute. There's no way to tell for sure, although there might be patterns in some areas.

Also check out http://www.betterbidding.com .
WillTravel is offline  
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 579
I tend to always try Priceline early, especially if I know the dates are firm and won't be changed other than an emergency at the last moment.

But, that said, there really is know way to tell about Priceline rooms. Bid low early and if you are lucky great! Then if the bidding goes nowhere I wait until closer to that time. You can repeatedly bid every three days for hotel rooms.

If the area tends to be fairly busy during that time of year, I think bidding early is a reasonable thing to do, if it tends to be the low season then bidding closer to your dates is more advantageous.

Some cities, don't work at all that way, especially Las Vegas. Those rooms are almost always cheaper within 5-15 days of arrival on Priceline.

Good luck! and yes, check out Biddingfortravel.com and look for Santa Monica posts, recent and last year's for possible patterns.
4khansen is offline  
Apr 12th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 255
I bidded closer to my vacation dates. Like 2-3 weeks before. I guess it depends. We got a good rate.
Janny is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:31 PM.