Reload this Page >

A Hospitality Co-apartment rentals??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 10:14 AM
theresa

Hello! I recently read about a company in NYC called A Hospitality Company on another travel site. They lease fully equipped apartments for both business and leisure for short term or long term. I am interested in renting with them for a week long visit but hope to get some first hand feedback before I anty up the deposit.

Anyone?

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:25 AM
Theresa

ttt

me again....still trying to find some firsthand feedback on this company.

Thanks!

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 10:57 AM
Sandy

I just rented an apartment from Urban Ventures (www.nyurbanventures.com), it was recommended in Frommer's Budget Travel Magazine, Sept/Oct 2001 issue.

There are 4 of us going to NY Nov 2, and because of the marathon, we could not find an affordable hotel (I called or emailed over 50!).

I dealt with Jennifer (email [email protected]) and she was very prompt and helpful.

We have a one-bedroom (w/queen bed) apartment, queen sleeper/sofa in living room, full kitchen and bath, elevator, and office staff during business hours. We'll be in midtown and we're paying $180/night with only 8.25% tax.

Check them out,
Sandy

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 02:16 PM
Theresa

Thanks so much. I will certainly do so!

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 12:31 PM
jean

Used this company in Feb 2001 and found it excellent. Makes more sense-ecomoically-to have more than two people using the apartments. Ours was £165 dollars a night for three people. the a'ment had 2 double beds-one in a bedroom and one in thw living room. I'd use them again

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 01:28 PM
theresa

jean-thanks so much for the information. Do you recall which apartment building you stayed in? Did you find the apartment safe and did it have a doorman?

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Marsha

(www.hospitalitycompany.com)

Hospitality Company has a great reputation and even better deals. My friend and I are traveling to NYC for a ten day stay. We just booked a one bedroom apartment in Trump Place - the new area on Riverside Blvd. - the Upper West Side. This is exactly where we wanted to be located. The apartment is on a high floor with great views. We were able to book for the unheard of price of $125 a night. Plus no hotel taxes! No other 'hidden' costs. This new apartment normally goes for $195 per night. The prices have gone up since we booked but they still are 25% off.

If you are looking for something other than a hotel - and can live without bellhops and room service - this is the only way to go. The apartment is stocked with everything you need. Just bring your suitcases and buy some food.

The only down side is you need to pay *in full* when you reserve. They do refund all but $35 if you cancel five days prior to your arrival date. If you cancel less than five days you are charged for two full days.

We have 'RIVERC' if anyone wants to look at the pictures on their web site.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Judy

Hi
My daughter and I have jsut booked through this company for 11 nights in April. We are at the Atrium, in Greenich Village. for $95.00 anight. We got a studio with a kitchen. Not sure when you are going but will let you know how it was after we get back. The staff was very helpful to us. Just hoping what we saw on the website is what we are going to get.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Celeste

I have had very good luck with vrbo.com, which is Vacation Rentals By Owner, for NYC and for other places as well. Last year I rented a 2 bedroom apartment in the Murray Hill area for one full week for $950.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 03:12 AM
LUKE

I used www.bnbny.com and found a great 1 bedfroom apartment last month. The price was lesss than Hospitality Company.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Marsha

What I like about Hospitality Company - is the fact that you renting an apartment that is leased by Hospitality Company. It's just my opinion but I don't care for the idea of staying in someone else's home. But, that's just the way I feel and that's why I went with Hospitality Company. I did a lot of research before committing and could not beat the price for the one bedroom on the upper west side. Also, the fact it's in a new building on a high floor was another factor in my decision. I'm not going until fall (yes - I plan way ahead) so I'll be reading the messages regarding everyone's experiences who uses this company.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:13 AM
ttt

TTT

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Andie

I've used this company a number of times and cannot say enough good things about them.

I don't need someone to make my bed every day and I never use room service. What I want is privacy, some room to move around in and a full kitchen to keep some fresh food around for a occassional meal.

I've stayed at numerous, high-priced, hotels and paid over twice as much as I pay with Hospitality Company for half the space. They have apartments all over NYC so you have can decided the area you'd like to stay in.

Also, and I know this has been stated already, you do not pay any over-the-top hotel taxes. NYC's are now almost 14%.

Anyone else have more comments on this company?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 04:10 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:41 AM
John

Anyone know of any other simailr companies? If so please post their websotes address
Thank you