Reload this Page >

A Great Restaurant Near LAX

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 04:38 PM
Carrin

I've got a long layover in LAX. Any suggestions where I can go for a nice dinner near LAX, maybe in Marina Del Rey?

Thanks in advance.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 05:15 PM
kam

Not a GREAT restaurant, but above average is the Cafe del Rey. Highly recommend the crabcakes with pink grapefruit sauce, if they have them. There's also a Ritz Carlton in the Marina.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 06:13 PM
Shannon

A couple of places that come to mind are Joe's on Abbott Kinney and Lilly's, almost next door to Joe's on Abbott Kinney. Another good place, I forgot the name, but others can probably help, is on Washington Blvd. that took over where the old Black Whale used to be.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 07:32 PM
pat

We like going to the close encounter, I think it is called. It is across from air NZ. We liked it because it is on the top floor and you can sit and watch the planes come in and take off.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 09:13 PM
jill

I'd pick the Cheesecake Factory because you can sit outside with the ocean breeze, and it would be a very California dining experience, relaxing on a long layover.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 02:22 AM
Elizabeth

I love Cafe del Rey for the atmosphere (helps you recover from airport blahs), the view of the harbor, the spectacular swordfish, and great wines by the glass. Plus, it's very easy to get to, valet parking and a cozy fireplace.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 11:28 AM
topper

Here's the same post we already answered, Carrin.