A few days with 8 yr old twin boys

Aug 10th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

A few days with 8 yr old twin boys

I am thinking of taking my boys to South Haven the week of August 15th (next week). Where is a good, fun and not too expensive place to stay? What types of things are there to do for kids? I am a single parent so it is just the 3 of us.

Thank you.
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:23 AM

I'm assuming your talking about South Haven, MI. But you might want to let us know for sure.

Unfortunately, we've never stayed in South Haven so I can't recommend a hotel. But we did spend part of a day there a couple of years ago. We liked it so much that we've decided that the next time we stay in that part of MI, we'll go to South Haven. We got the impression of nice shops, good casual restaurants, etc. And we spent a couple of hours at a very nice, uncrowded beach a few miles south of town. Our kids were early to mid teens at the time.
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:25 AM

Sorry, hit post instead of preview. Should be "you're talking" not "your"!
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:43 AM

I have a feeling you might get more response to this if you re-post, putting South Haven, MI (if, indeed, you are talking about MI) in the title. I know there are Fodorites who are familiar with that area. They're probably more likely to read your post if they see the place name.
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:51 AM

HI crazymom--if you are talking about MI--I would suggest you look up something like South Haven, MI Lodging on Google and then start calling places. My understanding from friends is that the MI shore is very popular, and you may need to be hoping for a cancellation someplace, which may very well be available, since this is last minute, so to speak. My guess is that if you had called 2 or 3 wks ago for next week, that all would be filled, JMO.
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Where are you coming from?
Recommend you also Google Saugatuck and Holland, towns just up the road, to get more choice.
Your primary attractions for twin boys would be the sandy beach, dune rides, picking peaches at Crane' Orchard, etc. Several state and county parks in the area.