Reload this Page >

91 for "why so many fat peope" and 1 for "day trips from SF

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 02:55 PM
sandi

Does not this response tell us something about the human animal...we are downright nasty, a love to ridicule. Supports my theory entirely that we should have limiting "categories" that we are allowed to post to, and delete all the rest of the rude crap. I am going to petition Fodors to form a new forum with these limitations in mind. I think there is a place for all this vitrol, but it is not here. Get your own forum, all you rude folks, then slice away at each other to your heart's content.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 03:14 PM
Blair

What is it that you hope to achieve by starting yet another diatribe? Most persons here don't hold your over-narrow point of view so it can't be support.
What is it? Why do you keep harping on this? Write to Fodors nonstop 24 hours everyday if you want but leave me out of it. Start you own website if you want but leave me out of it. Go talk to your priest if you want but leave me out of it. I've tried to understand you but I give up.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 03:32 PM
Frank

Still, you have to admit that sandi makes an interesting poin.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 04:10 PM
howard

How many times must it be said: If you don't like it, don't respond, ignore it. It's really a no-brainer!

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 06:03 PM
x

Sandi, exactly which of your eight categories does this pointless thread fit?

And no, I don't think Sandi makes an interesting point. If anyone wants to know what to do in SF, they can do a search and find way more than 91 responses. Plus, Sandi posted on the Amusement Park thread, which shows she enjoys discussing social issues as much as anyone else.

Sandi, ask Fodor's to do a grab bag post on this issue, and we'll get the answer once and for all.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 09:56 PM
TooFar

where are the fodors police?

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 10:35 PM
New Reader

From what I've seen on this board so far, there's no such thing as the Fodors Police.

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 03:52 AM
Christine

Sandi,

You must be one stressed-out person to allow a few posts on this Forum to get you this upset. Take a few deep breaths, and reflect. I hope you will reconsider your movement to "petition Fodors" and keep from further embarrassing yourself.

I'm curious how long you have been on the Internet? You could call me an "old timer"-connected back in 1995. Seems like the more "mainstream" the internet becomes, the bigger push to make it nicely sanitized and "family-friendly" like everything else. I remember fondly when the Internet meant true freedom of expression without the corporate and special interest controls that we encounter in every other type of media.

I say keep the Internet for all people! Whether you like what they have to say or not. Please don't be one of the people to spoil it for the rest of us who enjoy the Internet experience as it is-ugly warts and all.

BTW, people naturally respond to messages only if they have knowledge or an opinion of the issue. So just through pure statistics there will be more responses on a "social issue", in which nearly everyone has an opinion, to one on "day trips from SF", in which only a small percentage of people will have relevant knowledge.

Happy travels

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 04:39 AM
peace

Ohh Sandi,
I couldn't help but notice that YOU hadn't posted to the "day trip from San Fran. thread", but you did post to the "why so many fat people" thread. I think Christine is right. Remember this forum is read by people all over the world. Don't try and push your values on everyone else. Have a nice day

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 09:43 AM
sandi

I didn't post to "day trips from SF" as I know nothing about that...seldom go to SF. I try to restrict my responses, regarding travel, to something I know. Now, if the rest of you would do the same, we could have an excellent forum. If all you sickies keep ruining this place, it will disappear, and then where will you go for blood sport? At least try to keep the noise to a minimum, will ya?

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 02:34 PM
WildBill

Sandi, I am offended at your heavy handed attempt to act as the thought police for the rest of us. I am one of the people who has bashed others before for non-travel related posts, however I would never dare ask Fodors to remove the posts. If people want to post it and 91 people responded, you really have no right to come in here and petition fodors to remove or limit the posts. Short of slanderous/defamatory language, fodors should let people keep posting. If you want to ask people not to post, go ahead. However, the rest of us here who use these boards don't need you and/or fodors to act as "big(annoying)brother," telling us what we can think about. Perhaps you and Dave should start your own forum. I presume it would be rather boring and narrow minded. But then again, you'd probably like that.

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 06:53 PM
Just

WildBill, to be more accurate, you've bashed far too many people on this forum for even the slightest perceived transgression. Is there a chance you'll tone it down? Thanks.

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 08:18 PM
Tally

(for those keeping score)
"91...blah, blah, blah" ----- 13
"Daytrips from SF" --------- 4
Now I ask: "WHY?, WHY?, WHY?, WHY?!"

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 05:49 AM
xx

Tally, to answer your question, this thread drew a lot of responses because people on this forum do not like Sandi.