Reload this Page >

5 days in San Francisco. What do we do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Emily

My mom and I are taking a girls trip to San Francisco this summer. We will be there for 5 days. Any suggestions on where we should go. We will have a car and want to spend 2 night in the city. Is Union Square or Fishermans Warf better?

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:36 AM
me

Type in San Francisco and your questions will be answered

Old May 24th, 2002, 09:56 AM
carolyn

A previous post mentioned the Japanese tea garden in Golden Gate park, which I had forgot about. I highly recommend it if you like gardens, very peaceful and they have a little area where you can get tea and look out over the gardens.

Since you have a car drive up to Twin Peaks one evening and take in the view over the city and watch the fog roll in. (otherwise, leave the car at the hotel and take public transportation)

I'm not sure of your interests, but going to the Haight and window shopping in the funky vintage stores can be fun also.

Old May 24th, 2002, 12:55 PM
doreen

Emily,

I would avoid Union Square. The last time I was there we were harrassed by numerous panhandlers, despite ignoring them. It really made us feel uneasy. Add to that the terrible stence of urine, and it was almost unbearable. Fisherman's Wharf was a little better, but it is the ultimate tourist trap. We also went down to Monterey and Carmal and throughly enjoyed it. I would suggest spending your time down there or split your time between Monterey and Sausalito and the wine country.

Old May 24th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Dr.Freud

doreen=Jayne=schizophrenic

Old May 24th, 2002, 01:01 PM
doreen

Dr. Frued,

You are the one that needs to have your head examined if you think SF is such a great place. I guess you would also recommend Calcutta as a great vacation destination.

Old May 24th, 2002, 01:04 PM
mike

Hmmm...notice that "Doreen" didn't claim that she's not "Jayne." Of course, the poor gal has 40 screen names, it seems, and all of her posts sound the same.

Old May 24th, 2002, 01:06 PM
xxxx

mike err dr frued,

Go back to shooting your cocaine