5 days in Columbia, SC-What to do?

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 07:21 AM
Alice

5 days in Columbia, SC-What to do?

Need suggestions for Columbia and surrounding areas for day trips from Columbi in early September. Don't like the heat, so probably more indoor activities, etc.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 02:59 PM
Daniel

Go to Asheville, NC. Just up I-26. If you have more time, you MUST go to Charleston. My favorite place on earth. Otherwise, I can't say I have a lot to offer about Columbia itself. Sorry. It's pretty much a drive-through town for me.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 08:06 PM
Joe

There's a good zoo in Columbia. There's always a play or two at night, something at the USC Coliseum, a good state library and also one at the college, the state capitol building and a Sstate museum that's intersting, also one on the college grounds. You could drive up around Lake Lure, hendersonville, etc. Check a Mobile Guide.

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 08:22 PM
Joe

Forgot to mention. there are some good restaurants in Columbia: Mangia's, Diane's and hennessy's.

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 06:19 AM
ronr

I agree w/ Daniel. Charleston is a must! I would spend at least one day there. Head down to the historical area and take one of the guided tours. Also, have dinner at Hymens